PDA

View Full Version : Lxi coup Wiring harness compatibility

Michael Bikes
08-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone my name is mike abbott I'm new to 3geez.com. I bought my 1988 honda accord lxi coupe with 135k on it and MINT burgandy interrior for 250$ about a year ago with a knock on #3 and bad tranz.. finally got it all rebuilt and running. now I'm dealing with wiring issues car still runs good just almost everytime I have to work on it I end up breaking these brittle wires and have been looking for a new harness for a lxi coupe for some time now with no luck. Can I use a 1989 lxi hatch harness on my 88 lxi coupe? Sorry for the long thread and bad grammar... since this is the introduction thread idk if it will get any feedback

Dr_Snooz
08-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Welcome! The hatches and coupes are very similar and pretty much the same from the doors forward. You shouldn't have much trouble swapping harnesses. Assuming you aren't talking about taillight harnesses or something. Make sure your wire wrap is in good order. That does a lot to keep them from drying out and becoming brittle from engine heat. It's also a good idea to put a little squirt of dielectric grease in every wire connector you open up.

Post pics of your car when you have a chance.

carotman
08-13-2019, 06:18 AM
As far as I know, the engine harness is the same for all cars of the same year.

The only difference is if you have a manual or auto transmission. And even then, the only difference between the two is the connector for the backup lights. You can use a manual harness on an auto if you modify it.