PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a dent remover?

TeKKnoTeKK
05-27-2002, 11:48 AM
I was at the paint/body store and I noticed that they had a dent remover kit there. The one they had looked very cheaply made (5$ or less to make) and they were charging 100$ for it! I was just wondering if anyone has one or has used one, hard for me to believe it's worth the money. Sure it costs a lot to get dents removed professionally, but that kit was NOT worth what they were charging. I would rather get a fucking plunger and try that over that 100$ kit. :D

ACCORD EX
05-27-2002, 12:33 PM
a dent remover kit :huh: :huh:

sorry never heard of that !

MIKE

shepherd79
05-27-2002, 04:46 PM
i don't think it is worth it.
the way it made, you would make another two dings before you finish the original.

POS carb
05-28-2002, 08:11 PM
most dent pullers are nothing more than screws with a handle. You screw the puller into the dent, pull the meteal out, then unscrew the puller, leaving a hole that will soon rust and a nasty looking fender that will make you wish you left the dent alone

87accordlxi
05-28-2002, 08:59 PM
it's probably more effective and you'll see better results if you pop the dent out from behind. that means you'll have to take things apart, but its better than the mess that the dent puller will cause

ACCORD EX
05-28-2002, 11:43 PM
if you can't get behind the dent so use a drill to drill a small hole then pull it out using this hole but i never tried that ! it needs experience ! :D

MIKE

RCracer
05-29-2002, 03:39 AM
I have used both the suction type dent remover and the screw type both with varying results.
It depends on how big and how deep the dent is. If the metal has stretched then you have no hope in getting the dent out properly unless you resort to filler/paint etc.
If its only a shallow dent its best to try and press it out from behind or just leave it untill the car needs painting.

AccordChemist
05-29-2002, 08:26 PM
goto an auto parts store, they have the suction type dent pullers and the screw ones.....bondo even makes them....