PDA

View Full Version : '89 w/ 89k - My 1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe Project

Fisher_White
08-15-2019, 03:13 AM
Greetings! I've been lurking the forums for a few months now, and decided I should go ahead and post an introduction!

Earlier this year, I purchased an '89 Accord Coupe with ~89,000 miles and manual transmission in SE-i trim (which adds fuel injection, four wheel disk brakes, leather seats, a Bose stereo system, and premium wheels).

It has had two previous owners since it was first delivered at the local dealership on October 21st, 1989- initially a professor at our University, and then another family after he sold it in the late 90s.

Even with the lower mileage and few previous owners, it is far from perfect. I plan on getting new paint, upholstery, and drivetrain work done in an effort to get this car as close to factory fresh as possible.

I have slowly been working on the car in my spare time, and will be posting updates to the project as work gets done. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions, and look forward to being more active on this site.

-Fisher White

86ccord
08-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Man, i'm jealous! nice car!

Dr_Snooz
08-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Are there any SE-i's that DON'T look like a slasher movie inside? Too bad no one took care of them.

The car is a great specimen! It will restore nicely and make you very happy. Have fun working and welcome!

conozo
08-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Are there any SE-i's that DON'T look like a slasher movie inside? Too bad no one took care of them.

The car is a great specimen! It will restore nicely and make you very happy. Have fun working and welcome!

I know 😄, Edward Scissorhands must have a soft spot for 89 SEI's