PDA

View Full Version : 3GEEZ Store?!??

markmdz89hatch
02-26-2003, 11:42 AM
So yeah, I was thinking about some of the items that I've been seeing in the Market Place lately. It just seems that lately ther've been many people making things for our car. I don't mean production style, I mean just good 'ol hard work style, but none the less.

I mean for instance what we can offer (of course providing the member making it is willing to continue):

H4 Conversion "condensation lids"
CAI's
Clear corners
on ebay, there's those guage bezzels
Paul's guages
I'll do the dash inserts
the colt cams
painted valve covers
if someone's able to get a good source for JDM tails, or clear corners.
Justin's rear strut braces
etc, etc, etc.....

Just a thought... But what we can also do to benefit this board is to donate a percentage of that sale to the "3Geez fund".

I really think it can work. I mean if something was ordered, an e-mail would go out to the "maker" and he/she would make the product and send it out accordingly. (but have a "notice to the buyer" that the turnaround time is quite a bit more due to the fact that the product is on a "per order" basis.

I dunno, I guess it could be difficult to organie, but just toss'n out ideas....

1988starter
02-26-2003, 02:21 PM
Cool Idea

pmip
02-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a sweet idea.

AZmike
02-26-2003, 04:17 PM
I'd rather deal directly with the other guy, but maybe it's just me.

Chubs87Accord
02-26-2003, 05:27 PM
i think its a very productive business plan to be honest

89accordboi
02-26-2003, 07:29 PM
good idea BUT... it would take too long to get to his house.. they wouldn't be pleased with that

Mike's89AccordLX
02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
I don't understand why they'd have to donate part of the money they worked for, unless the board is going to market their products. It's a good idea b/c there would be a set list of products we could pick from to buy and have made for us.

markmdz89hatch
02-27-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I don't understand why they'd have to donate part of the money they worked for, unless the board is going to market their products. It's a good idea b/c there would be a set list of products we could pick from to buy and have made for us.

You basically just answered your own question. If the board were to have a "3Geez Store" where all of the available products were listed, then isn't that in itself a form of the board "marketing" our products? Anyway, you bring up the point of donating part of the money we worked for. True. But isn't Marc constantly donating his money that he worked for to fund this board? I agree that price would not be easy to determine if we were to donate a percentage, mainly b/c we're not going to make a living off of selling the part that we make, but we would like to see some return. And with that, we also cannot set a price so high that noone would want to pay, so yeah there's a few quirks to work out yet, but in time... ...in time...

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-27-2003, 03:18 PM
it's a good start. that would be cool to have those resources on here rather than having to search the web looking for parts and compatible pieces. wasn't something said about a website that would hold the forum? cool idea.

-Nolan

Grant2k
02-27-2003, 04:22 PM
i like the idea. perhaps one way to work it would be that 3geez has it's own Paypal account in your name, or Marc's name, and the buyer pays that account and then the money is disperssed to the manufacturer whoever that may be. so they can complete their transaction from the "store" and then the manufacturing member just has to see that they have an order, send it out, and somewhere in there the person who's name the 3geez paypal account is in will pay the member making the product.

87accordlxph
03-08-2003, 03:51 PM
That's a great idea since it's very difficult to get all the mods for our cars compared to all the mods that are available for fourth gen accords and having group buys is even better.
See all those bids for the "incomplete" clear side marker lenses!!!
People on this board want mods but no company will design them for us. I think the aftermarket for making 3rd gen accord mods should be considered by now! I mean we have Hondas just like all the other Hondas out there, why more mods for the older Civics but not for our cars?
Anyway, good call markmdz89hatch I support you all the way man for this awesome idea!

-Mike

sanjay
03-08-2003, 04:13 PM
i think there is limited aftermarket support for the 3Gee because not everyone who shows a keen interest in mods actually goes through with it. Most of us on the board are young punks because the 3 gee is a relatively cheap car. So, for most of us, we don't have the big bucks to throw around. You can't buy a car for $2000, and expect people to put $6000 of mods into it.
Thus, whlist the whole 3Geez store thing sounds nice in a ideal world, I think that only a handful of people can really afford to buy the products in there and the others are living a dream they can't afford!
I can source JDM tails all day long but everyone who seems to be interested gets scared of the price tag. Unfortunately, the items for our car are relatively rare, thus expensive!
C'mon, who is really interested in spending $$$'s on their 3Gee?
My mod days are over due to limited funds. I think all the "essentials" (modifications) can be sourced. i.e. mags, tint, racing seats, lowering springs, sound system, alarm .... etc.

sanjay
03-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Just my 2 cents :) :lol:

markmdz89hatch
03-10-2003, 08:12 AM
hey sanj, I do agree with you, but setting up this "3G Store" would cost relatively nothing, and would make it easier for those that are willing to front the cost of a mod. But I agree with you whole-heartedly that there are a lot of "dreamers" here, and to an extent, I'm one of 'em. But who isn't to some extent, right.