PDA

View Full Version : ok so i can remove this?

Mantis88LX
02-26-2003, 07:00 PM
i did the how to a while back, so that means i can remove this?

here it is, were it says "plug or remove"

but what does this lead to and there is a hole left in the side there, does that lead to anything or is it not functinal anymore sense i removed all the emission shit.

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/how_to7.jpg

Mantis88LX
02-26-2003, 07:01 PM
i removed it and the car cranks up but i havent drivin it, i dont want to get stranded, does this have something to do with the secondarie?

Mantis88LX
02-26-2003, 08:13 PM
ok i figured out it leads to those 2 metal tubes above the carb, so i can run with out it to a muffler shop and ill get them to weld it closed,

mindlos
02-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Ya, thats the float bowl vent stuff. If you had a metal plate you would just screw it on there, gasketed of course.

A20A1
02-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Here is a pic.

PS that pic you posted shows the fuel nipple being plugged instead of the venturi vacuum port beneath it and to the right.... you should modify the pic and fix that..

mindlos
02-27-2003, 07:38 AM
I mentioned that mislabelling in the thread about the 2.0 version of the removing vacuum lines howto (for dummies). It has to be changed in the howto.

shepherd79
02-27-2003, 08:19 AM
i know i know. i can't do anything about it. mike (accord EX) is hosting HOW TO.
so only he can change it.

Mantis88LX
02-27-2003, 08:34 AM
ok so would it hurt to drive with that off for a while? or will it damage something, becasue i broke it taking it off and i cant put it back on. and i have nothing to patch it up with.
If i can drive with it off im going ot drive to my cousins and get him to put a weld over it. would that work? or would that be dangerous since that is close to gas?

mindlos
02-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Might get some gas spilling outta there and dirt getting into your float bowl and plugging your jets while driving. Find something to cover it with. A hard plastic would work temporarily if you screw it on there like the metal plate. Or tie it with electrical wire or something. Dont let dust and debris get in there.

How far is your cousin's place. If you are really out of options you could stuff a LINT FREE rag in that hole.

You also might wanna remove and dry the carb before welding. All you need is the fumes to go kaboom.

Mantis88LX
02-27-2003, 10:45 AM
thanx, i just decided to do what A20A1 did, i got a pieace of tin and cut it to fit over it, i got some clear calking and put around it to seal it, then i screwed it on. it should stay on good and tight,

A20A1
02-27-2003, 01:04 PM
I sure hope that calking is heat resistant and isn't flaky when dried... also most gasket making compound is not resistant to gas... so just be careful.

Mantis88LX
02-27-2003, 01:39 PM
yea the calking is rubbery when dried, but even without it, it is sealed good and nothing should get in or out.

it looks just like in that pic