PDA

View Full Version : Dash

jigga89SEi
02-27-2003, 05:55 AM
~K~ Here I go,.... I'm halting work on my supra so that I can finish my SEi first. I'm going to begin work on the interior cause it needs done and it's going to be cheap so it's something I can do right now.
My center vents on the dash are trying to come out and I cannot fix them so I'm going to get a new dash. Prefferably black but I'm going to paint it anyways. My main question is that I'm scared to take the current dash out cause of all the other stuff that can be messed up. ie. the instrument panel, vents, steering wheel...u know all that good stuff. I have a chiltons and other manuals, but has anyone done this personally before. Are there any pointers or tips to give me. Even better anyone in the VABeach area who knows what the hell there doing and wouldn't mind helping out.
If anyone knows any tips or tricks to changing the dash please let me know.
Also I'm going to be removing the seats soon so any tips and tricks and making that process easier would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx all :stupid:

Blue Impact
02-27-2003, 09:34 AM
I would help you if I was close cuz I've taken the dash out of one of my old roommate's Mark3 Supra before. It really isn't that hard. Once you get the dash out, then the vents would come out too. You might wanna go to a Supra site to ask that question. I'm sorry that I'm not much help. I mean, I could do it, but when it comes to explaining it, I suck big time.

88 Accord DX
02-27-2003, 09:41 AM
from what i read he is talking about his 3G

Mike's89AccordLX
02-27-2003, 09:42 AM
He's asking about his SE-i I think. I want to change interior too. I found a lx-i with a black dash two days ago at the yards, but I was told you can buy this vinyl dye and it will dye it but I don't know what it's called.

Damn he beat me to it.

88 Accord DX
02-27-2003, 09:47 AM
i want to convert my interior to black also.

jigga89SEi
02-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Yes i'm talking about the SEi. Acctually I think I'm going to wait on the dash. I'm going to start in the rear of the car. I'm going to do the back seats and all first.

But I'm still looking for any tips and techniques to make it all go alittle faster and easier.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-27-2003, 10:48 AM
I just saw this dude's car, and he had the interior lined with tweed and that look sweet as hell. Now I'm thinking about doing that to my accord.

Neuspeed87lx
02-27-2003, 08:27 PM
i took the dash out of my 3g....you just gota take all the bolts off... and the steering wheels needs to come off.... it was a bitch .... take my advise .... leave it the way it is

89AccordLXI666
02-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Go for the interior dye shit instead, it would be alot easier and it takes less time to do...... Trust me u will thank your self for it in the end... That's just my 2 cents... good luck... Lataz

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-28-2003, 10:03 AM
i've got a black dash with the beige interior. i would like maybe to put blue down the center of seats and change my dash color. not sure what i would do about the beige, maybe just go to a light grey. might be nice.

Burn em 3g style!!
-Nolan