PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions: EGR, Rear Wiper, Different Engine

Immeraufdemhund
02-27-2003, 11:51 AM
87 hb lxi 5spd
EGR: I finally found the bugger, i was looking at majestic Honda and i couldn't find the EGR it self.. how can i get that replaced?

Rear Wiper: I messed that bugger up, it tries to move, but it sounds like either something is stripped or isn't tightened makes a clicking noise. I can't figure out how to take that bugger apart and fix it, if possible.

Different Engine: I'm looking at a couple of german sites, and one place sells a b20a4 from a 89 prelude. is that the same as a usdm prelude? and another quick one, what is the difference between b20a2 and b20a8?

Thanx all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i figured out the rear wiper. I grabbed a phillips and a flat head. Open the trunk take off the plastic guard that would cover up your motor for the wiper. (12 phillip skrews). close your 3rd door (but dont latch it it's so you can work on the wiper part) At the very base of the wiper is a black piece that flips up when you pry it up by hand or with the flat head. you'll see a 12mm bolt that holds on your wiper. Take that bugger off then pry it off (kinda hard, but it comes off eventually without breaking anything. You'll then see a 20mm...maybe dunno about that measurement, i had to use channel locks. Took that off and all the plastic and rubber stuff. open back up the 3rd door now take off the 3 10mm bolts attached to the wiper bracket. Pull it down so that you can get to the wire harness better. Took me a little bit to get the harness thing to pop off i had to use the flat head and just had the motor dangle so that it would come off... (hope you have quick relexes.)...and i found out what's wrong with my wipers. They wouldn't move untill i moved it, but then it would get to a point and not be able to move again... Well all you mechanicle people your probably smacking your head cause you know what's wrong.. the main gear is plastic and i broke some of the teeth on it, so i could either get a metal gear, or a new assembly... DOWBT! ack.. oh well there's the how too. I'll take pictures later.

shepherd79
02-27-2003, 01:39 PM
most likely B20A4 is the same as the one in USDM preludes.

anchovies
02-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Immeraufdemhund
87 hb lxi 5spd
EGR: I finally found the bugger, i was looking at majestic Honda and i couldn't find the EGR it self.. how can i get that replaced?

Look under the heading "Intake Manifold".
Also check the price at autozone's site. Maybe it's cheaper.

SiCReX
02-28-2003, 12:37 PM
gotta love them plastic gears, those little "buggers."