PDA

View Full Version : AAP Auxiliary Acelerador Pump.

1989accordaz
09-09-2019, 04:41 PM
1986 LX. Leaking fuel from the AAP. When I move the throttle by hand, I can see fuel squirting fuel from the AAP. My symptoms are as follows:

When started from cold, It starts fine for a few seconds then it wants to shut down unless I give it gas. Lost of smoke coming from the tailpipe and even the engine bay.

Because I need to keep giving it gas, sometimes it floods and stalls.

Sometimes I can drive it like this until it warms up, but I need to keep the gas going even when at a stop. While also using the brake.Once it warms up is ok, but lately it hasn't.

Another earlier symptom was when accelerating from a stop, I would not go right away, almost like if it wanted to shutdown, so I had to give it gas then accelerate.

I am going to order a rebuilt kit and replace the diaphragm on the AAP and post results. The 3 bolts on the AAP housing can be tightened too, but one of them is impossible to reach, so to fix it properly I need to remove the carb and replace the AAP diaprahgm.

I do need te remove the carb from the car which I have never done to replace this part. Any tips on removing the carb are appreciated it.