PDA

View Full Version : People are so nice...

BoredRec
02-28-2003, 12:08 AM
I swear every nite at least 3 people flash their lights at me. Still waiting for my headlight switch to get here from Canada, so in the meantime I've been driving around with just my parking lights and fog lights, and all these people are trying to let me know I don't have my headlights on. I know they don't know my switch is busted, but I wish I had a huge neon sign that I could turn on when they flash me that says, "no shit, sherlock." Maybe tomorrow the mailman will deliver me a present.

xbi0s
02-28-2003, 07:01 AM
I always get flashed cuz my lowbeams are too bright, or aimed too high :)

Then I give them a nice flood of the brights and they stop

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-28-2003, 07:47 AM
i like the "no shit sherlock" sign. i need to align my headlights. no flat area to do it on. i've seen diagrams on how to do it, just don't have a place to do it.

-Nolan

Blue Impact
02-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Be careful driving like that, BoredRec. Why don't you just replace your switch? It'll save you a lot of trouble.

BoredRec
02-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Be careful driving like that, BoredRec. Why don't you just replace your switch? It'll save you a lot of trouble.

Don't wanna sound like a dick, but it looks like you didn't fully read my post. It's in the mail, but coming from Canada. That's quite a far distance from Las Vegas.
So far no cop has pulled me over (knock on wood), and there's been plenty of times where they could've. 2 weeks ago I passed a cop and it turned its siren and lights on, but it went after the guy next to me in the left lane (whew!).

Blue Impact
02-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by BoredRec
Don't wanna sound like a dick, but it looks like you didn't fully read my post. It's in the mail, but coming from Canada. That's quite a far distance from Las Vegas.
So far no cop has pulled me over (knock on wood), and there's been plenty of times where they could've. 2 weeks ago I passed a cop and it turned its siren and lights on, but it went after the guy next to me in the left lane (whew!).

I did read your first post, but I was "high" when posting. And no, you didn't sound like a dick.

Bobs89LXi
03-01-2003, 07:43 AM
I am assuming that you have a special setup. Otherwise I would ask a couple of rhetorical questions such as: Why Canada? Why not buy a switch from a wrecker, auto parts store, or a Honda dealer?

dXsquared
03-01-2003, 08:57 AM
that is a question i have as well!
Travis

BoredRec
03-01-2003, 09:55 AM
To answer that question....my usual place to go (junkyard, which I'm gonna go to this morning) didn't have it. They told me they've been selling the switches like crazy, and finally ran out. Auto stores will tell you that the switch is a dealer item only. And the dealer wants like $200-plus for it. That's why I didn't get local. Someone here posted a link to an eBay auction with a switch, so I bought it from eBay, for $20! Can't complain for the price.

socal3rdgen
03-01-2003, 10:08 AM
well i got my first taste of h4 bulbs last night. i put them in 2 nights ago. I got the 8500K artic purple h4's. anyways this guy had his brights on as he was coming towards me. so i flashed my high beams and he instantly turned them off. I was like "ha ha sucker, you didnt like that did ya"