PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pan

skaterjunky8
02-28-2003, 12:49 AM
Ok in the manual it says you have to raise the engine with a hoist to losen the lower engine mount, do you really have to do this or can you just losen the header a little? I need to replace the gasket, its leaking so any tips or information is greatly apreciated

A20A1
02-28-2003, 02:23 AM
you remove the down pipe and bottom tranny mount that connects to that center beam that runs from the front beam to the steering rack I think. I drove my car up those metal ramps and just slid under the car from the front. with the exhaust downpipe out of the way unbolting the pan just takes time... make sure you drain out all the oil real good and whipe all around so shit don't drip on you. You'll also have to remove the dust shield for the flywheel.... hmm and there is a rubber hose that goes from the oil pan to the PCV case you'll have to disconnect.... I think thats about it.

Getting the new oil pan gasket to stay in it's place while you reinstall the oil pan takes and act of god.... unless you have some tacky gasket glue. Which I didn't

OldSchoolSwap
02-28-2003, 08:23 AM
[i]Getting the new oil pan gasket to stay in it's place while you reinstall the oil pan takes and act of god.... [/B] :lol

skaterjunky8
02-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Can you just unbolt the tranny mount while the car is jacked up or do you have to support the tranny with something before you do that?

A20A1
02-28-2003, 06:18 PM
It's not the rear mount... the mount I'm referring to is under the car near the oil pan... it really doen't support the trans all that much.