PDA

View Full Version : engine bay cleaning

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-28-2003, 08:05 AM
hey guys,
i've heard you guys talk about engine bays and how dirty they are. I've also heard you talk about cleaning them, and that leads into my question. how do you guys clean your engine bays? i've used my wet/dry vac on blower mode and blown off dust and dirt before. do you guys remove parts and clean them or what? i find this a little confusing. any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Nolan
P.S. hey check it, i'm a DX user now, cool. :pimp: lol

xbi0s
02-28-2003, 09:39 AM
I use.. The GReen Machine or something, something Green

Spray on, let it set
spray off

Or u can use Dawn on a rag and rub it down to kill grease

Blue Impact
02-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Steam clean. Take it to your local car wash, cover your distributor, battery, and intake filter and spray the hell out of that mother. This will make the engine bay look clean right after it's sprayed.

Mike89Accordcom
02-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Blue impact thats exactly what I do, hehe. Sometimes when lazy I just spray the engine with cleaner, then spray off.

87AccordsterLx
02-28-2003, 06:22 PM
take it to a self sevice car wash... use the engine degreaser at a distance as to not spray the engine at a high pressure. Then switch to the water and rinse it off. Take it home and let it dry compleatly with the hood open. Take a can of Engine Clear Coat paint and spray the shit out of EVERYTHING wires all of it. You can find it at walmat, taget, anywere. Its a high temp engine coating that repels dirt. Let it dry and you wont have to clean your engine for ages. When it gets a little dirty just hose it off and the dirt just slides off. :D

http://www.ghalili.com/Nathan/Nate's%20Page/3gs/3gengine.jpg

89AccordLvr
02-28-2003, 06:58 PM
thats a really clean engine ima try that thanx for your tips accordster

AccordEpicenter
02-28-2003, 11:28 PM
yeah thats what i do (high pressure water)... it does a killer job!

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-01-2003, 08:44 AM
cool thanks guys. may have to wait, it's really cold and i dont want my engine to freeze any. wires would probable be all i would have to worry about, but still. you guys know what i mean, right?

Burn rubber 3g style
-Nolan

BoredRec
03-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Blue Impact stated above to cover some shit up, but he left out something. Don't forget the starter! It has a lot of the same internal parts as the alternator, so cover it up. Nothing beats making your engine all nice and shiny, but now you can't start it and show off to yer friends cuz the starter is fried.

Blue Impact
03-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BoredRec
Blue Impact stated above to cover some shit up, but he left out something. Don't forget the starter! It has a lot of the same internal parts as the alternator, so cover it up. Nothing beats making your engine all nice and shiny, but now you can't start it and show off to yer friends cuz the starter is fried.

You're right. Fried starter. :lol

89AccordLXI666
03-01-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry to ask this but, where is the starter located in the engine bay area? can anyone tell me or show me a pick that points to it... sorry for the trouble just need to know cuz I'm planning on doing that as soon as the weather warms up... thanks.

BoredRec
03-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Just below and behind the distributor on the tranny case. Look for a big fatty wire coming off of it and goind to yer battery.

dXsquared
03-02-2003, 12:07 PM
its probably green... its a cylinder

Travis