PDA

View Full Version : Location of Sub in Trunk

xbi0s
02-28-2003, 11:22 AM
I was just playing around with new ways to place my sub, its a single 12" in box

I have it right now, angled upward in the far back drivers side of the trunk

Im thinking this is where I can get optimum boom out of it...

Anyone have any other suggestions for location?

87DXHatch
02-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Play with it a bit, the best location is going to be something unique to your car.

Talking strictly in theory, the best spot should be facing backwards, then pushed close to the trunk lid (the exact distance is something else that should be played with).

I had a bit of an argument with Square a while back on, among other things, this topic. That thread would have more detailed information on the theories, but overall, facing backwards is usually your best bet.

87DXHatch
02-28-2003, 11:40 AM
If the sub is ported, however, you're in a whole new playing field. If it's ported then just point the sucka every direction you can until you find the spot that works best for you.

Both methods could benefit from the use of a Radioshack DB meter to "accurately" guage which spot is the loudest.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
02-28-2003, 09:02 PM
I think you should dyno mat the trunk then get a VT 12 inch box with a RF comp......

88 Accord DX
02-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by c20v6turbo3rdgen
I think you should dyno mat the trunk then get a VT 12 inch box with a RF comp......

that has nothing to do with the question. he asked where he should place the box.

Bios search for a thread started by me called somthing like "Where should i place my subs?" it gives alot of helpful info.

89AccordLXI666
03-01-2003, 10:18 PM
In theory I found that if you have a sealed box.... The best location would be the subs facing backwards towards the trunk but right up against the back of the back seat where it folds down (Depending on what model u have) Looking in from the trunk, I found that I get alot of boom out of doing that.... It may also depend what subs u may be running and how many watts ur running as well... I dunno that's just my 2 cents.... But Like everyone says try different techniques til u find what sounds best to you... Lataz

kennycm
03-02-2003, 07:53 PM
At least I learned something new, i try to never have less than two subs in a box though so that i don't catch a brain cramp when i am deciding what to do with one.