PDA

View Full Version : The Prelude... finally almost back together

pearldrop
02-28-2003, 02:46 PM
These are the first shots I have taken since I got it back. I still have a few things to put back on like the front bumper lip and the sunroof and I have to finish putting the interior back together. We went out looking for wheels the other night. Saturday we are going to try a set of 19s on it to see how we like it. I seriously think we will end up with some 17s though.

Well, here ya go.
http://www.geocities.com/caddy20s/jj1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/caddy20s/prelude1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/caddy20s/prelude2.txt:super:

bobafett
02-28-2003, 03:40 PM
hey what are you doing posting pics of my car!!! :wtf:

lol.. man thats soooo nice. it looks really really incredible, i'm sure youre pumped!

btw why do you think you will end up with 17s"

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
02-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Wow Pearl!! Nice neighborhood you Live in!

wprocomp
02-28-2003, 03:56 PM
wow that looks nice,it looks so straight!Is that house of kolor paint?they have some awsome colors,did you do it yourself?

pearldrop
02-28-2003, 04:21 PM
I am stoked about finally having the Prelude back together, it has been primer almost a year now and we only drove it for special events like the occcasional show and to a few car club meetings.
The Prelude is not really a big wheel type car. I think it looks better long and low but for some reasons now the 16s don't look right like they did with the primer. I think the paint is out-blinging the wheels. There is a possibility we may get the one-piece JDM headlights with the black housing and some gunmetal wheels with a big fat polished lip, but I'm not sure about that.

The neighborhood is pretty decent considering it is my first big purchase. They are all 3 bedroom 2 bath condos with a pretty decent amount of space plus garages. I couldn't have afforded a similar sized house in good condition.

We started out with House of Kolor Sunset pearl for the paint but it wouldn't lay out evenly. The paint manager stayed up till 4 a.m. one night custom mixing a new color for us that would be as similar as possible. The best part about this color is that is a simple basecoat/clearcoat paintjob so it is always fixable and very easy to match.

89accordboi
02-28-2003, 04:50 PM
:eek: :eek: WOW that thing is like my dream car! i dont think the paint is outblinging the wheels tho, they are even :) man that looks soo nice

accordracerlx-i
02-28-2003, 04:53 PM
looks real good . I say go with the jdm headlights and the gunmetal wheels i think it will go good with that color paint.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
02-28-2003, 05:07 PM
I was gonna mention something about the wheels before!! I rather keep suggestion to my self! You planning on running some chromes? Just curious! I know most compact don't look good with chrome, but in ur situation I think the perfect chromies would look good ! It's a show car! What car is that next 2 it? BTW Did u take pics of ur install of the autoloc system just curious to see how they look installed!

YK86
02-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Damn. That looks nice! If you want, I know a place that has some sweet looking JDM headlights so I can ask them how much they want.

blazin3gen
02-28-2003, 07:59 PM
damn thats nice now the cops would be like a acura ugh honda ugh nissan *looks over to partner* pssst hey wtf is this thing lol

HVerLX
02-28-2003, 08:14 PM
perl you got aim maybe we can meet some time. :D

dohc
02-28-2003, 08:33 PM
nice, just hope no one keys your car. keep up the good work, hope to see more mods on your lude soon :-D

si accord
02-28-2003, 10:58 PM
i'm still like the accord with the headlight showing, ,now thats the pimp ride, but on the other hand it turned out nice, good job and hope ya win lots of shows wich shouldn't be a problem...opie

88AccorD4Life
03-01-2003, 07:31 PM
i really like it but i think the rims gotta go man, good work

89AcCOrDmike
03-01-2003, 08:04 PM
I will have its babies...........absolutely beautiful paint.......oh shit

Bobs89LXi
03-01-2003, 08:39 PM
It looks sweet Chris.

wprocomp
03-02-2003, 02:57 PM
I think some black 17x7 on front and 17x8 on the rear would make it look so nice pearl,but big fattys in the back may rub.

Neuspeed007
03-02-2003, 07:39 PM
JUST PLAIN AWESOME!! :OMG:

chronicsinners
03-03-2003, 07:36 AM
the car looks flawless, as for rims i agree the rims are now belittled by the paint quality. If it was my car i would invest in some tiens and some black volk CE28's or some spoon ssw38, thats me tho. In your case with the bags and all i would reccomend some sort of chrome, 17s will probably work. Good luck.

pearldrop
03-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks everybody. After getting the car all the way back together and taking it out for a drive on a beautiful day on Saturday, I am so happy with the way the paint turned out. The pearl is so awesome looking in the sunlight. We still haven't tried any wheels on it but we will soon and I will get some pictures. There are a ton of other things I would rather do before wheels, like getting the interior done and painting the wagon, but at least if I get new wheels for the Prelude, I will be able to put these wheels on the Accord. I don't have much choice in the actual wheels, after all this is my girlfriend's car, but we tend to like the same type and size of wheels anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Besides interior, the next major thing she wants to do is to get it lower. There is a lot of cutting we can do to drop it about another inch but she wants to go to the ground. So maybe we will stick with the 16s after all.

pearldrop
03-03-2003, 08:26 PM
I just changed out two of the pictures for some better ones.

1989 DX R
03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
We need some kinna *BLING BLING* smilie. Would go riiiiight

here--->:stick:

anchovies
03-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Damn...really nice paint job. The new pics better accentuate that paint job

HVerLX
03-04-2003, 05:26 AM
that last picture looks like your in oak harbor.

pearldrop
03-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Yep, that is Oak Harbor in the last pic. We were at the Midget Market showing my girlfriend's mom the car (that is her Suburban behind it).
I hope they don't bring the bling bling emoticon here. I am into having nice paint jobs, not a bunch of shiny stuff.

HVerLX
03-04-2003, 08:11 AM
thought so :) im good hehehe my grandma used to list across from the market in that trailer park :D

HVerLX
03-04-2003, 08:13 AM
hey what kind of paint should i use to paint my dash?

pearldrop
03-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Do you have an air compressor? The only way I would do it (and the way I did it) is with professional quality paint. I used Sikkens interior paint that I got from United Auto Electric in Bellingham. They can mix any color that you want using any paint code or there are thousands of colors to look through in the paint books. You have to mix the paint with a reducer and then spray it through a spray gun. It is almost impossible to mess up, it doesn't run and it dries almost instantly.
The important part is making sure you scuff it lightly with a red/maroon scotchbrite pad and make sure it is very, very clean.
I have a spray gun if you need to borrow it but I can't loan you my compressor. The paint was about $60 a quart and the reducer was $40 for a gallon. You mix it 50/50 so the reducer will last through 4 quarts of paint. I used barely more than 1 quart of paint to do my whole interior so it really doesn't take much.
If you need help, or more info just let me know.
Chris

HVerLX
03-04-2003, 08:37 AM
thanks for the input hey one day you can come over and help tear apart my dash :) i have no clue how to do it :D i dont want to break it :(

HVerLX
03-04-2003, 08:42 AM
what seats did you put in your accord they look comfey!

pearldrop
03-04-2003, 08:52 AM
That is one thing that I will leave to you. I absolutely hate having to take dashes off and I still need to pull the dash in both the wagon and the Prelude to cover them in tweed.
Just give yourself a few days to take the dash off and stop before you get frustrated. If you try and do it all at once you will break stuff. The mechanics books give nine hours to remove and reinstall a dash so don't expect to get it done in one day.
If you wanted to check out the Prelude it is parked over at Hallmark Refining which is next to the Hostess Outlet on Cedardale road (by Karttrak).
I work at the Skagit Valley Herald and the Wagon is always parked out in front from 7:30 to 4:30.

HVerLX
03-04-2003, 09:02 AM
"Skagit Valley Herald" *chuckels* :D i deiliverd papers for like 2 years hahaha i got like 9 100$ savings bonds from them haha ive also got a new bike and alot of other stuff ahah but i quit that along time ago :D

2old_honda
03-04-2003, 02:52 PM
that thing *needs* the JDM one piece black housing headlights