PDA

View Full Version : No Dash Lights, Gen light CEL, Car cranks, wont start

Blainethemono
10-15-2019, 04:44 PM
Radio, headlights, blower motor, brake lights all work. Im figuring its an Ignition switch issue, but I throwing it out there nay way...

Oldblueaccord
10-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Get a meter out start poking around. ECU is fused I would look there off hand since you have no dash lights. Switch could always be a problem.

Blainethemono
10-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Thanks.. the ECU has crossed my mind.....

Oldblueaccord
10-22-2019, 10:13 AM
But if its cranking you need 3 things. Spark,fuel and all at the right time. Might want to check for spark first then see if the fuel pump is coming on. The main relay goes bad in these cars alot.

Blainethemono
10-22-2019, 01:13 PM
She is cranking, and NO spark, thats what got me thinking about the ignition switch........ and then after looking at the relay schematic...... yeah, time to get my multi meter out

The "main relay" is really 2 relays inside one plastic case. You can't automatically rule this out 'cause it's possible one works & the other doesn't.

One relay is more likely to fail, it's the one that switches power to the fuel pump.

The other relay switches power to the ECU, including the check-engine lamp; and also switches power for most of the solenoids & several sensors.

Awesome this jives with the symptoms....... no juice to ECU, no power for dash instrumentality's or spark to coil...... Ill listen for the click and fuel pump when I turn the key on.

Blainethemono
11-17-2019, 12:49 PM
Fuel pump not coming on. Replaced Main relay. No effect. Still no CEL nor light Codes from ECU. ECU dark

Dr_Snooz
11-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Wait, you don't have fuel OR spark? You got a twofer! Look farther upstream, like a really big fuse or big relay in the underhood fuse box. My money is on the main fuse.