PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

hatrick6
03-01-2003, 10:35 AM
i have an '89 accord lxi, and i have 15's on tha car. does anyone know what's the max i can lower it, sense my tires are an inch bigger then the factory ones? also when i buy the springs, do i need to buy anything else like shocks or bushings or anything like that? thanx for any help you can give me.

AZmike
03-01-2003, 02:57 PM
What size tires do you have? ex: 205-50-R15

Bigger wheels make no difference if the outside diameter of your tires is the same.

The stiffer springs that you'll use when you lower your car need a set of struts that will provide the correct amount of dampening. Your car will bounce over every bump if you don't get stronger struts. The minimum for no bounce is Koni's front ($106 each) and Tokico's rear ($65 each). Konis rear would be better, but more costly.

Next time try searching before asking a question. We anser this one about once every two weeks.

Take a look here also:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11093

Mike89Accordcom
03-03-2003, 12:41 AM
I'd go 2" or even 2.5". You don't need to change anything right off the bat. You can roll for a while with just your springs. But check to see if you need an alignment, then down the road you might need a camber kit.