PDA

View Full Version : Why does my system turn off when I turn on my heater?

89AccordLXI666
03-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Ok I noticed when I crank up my system and when I turned the heater on in the car, my system shut off.... And then I wait a few and then it turns back on? I have my system wires hooked up right. I have a pioneer cd player with 2 ten inch subs with a 1,000 watt amp, and I can't figure out why the system turns off... i noticed that happeneing when I did a mod to my gauges since I removed the light bulbs behind the gauges and installed two 9 inch black light neon tubs... could it be causing a surge cuz i removed the bulbs behind the dash gauges or no? Please help me thanks. :)

SMITHACCORD*&
03-02-2003, 11:27 AM
this to me sounds like a voltage problem. Because you have that big ass amp trying to suck your batt dead. But what you can tell me is that when you have your sys on at idle does the car try to die. because if so you might need a bigger alt and battery. but if it turns back on and stays on i am thinkin that it just doesn't have enough power so it has to make up for it.

89AccordLXI666
03-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Now that I think of it.... I think it's my battery... because I think the alternator tries to recharge the battery while the car is running, and I also have noticed if I don't have the car running, that If I just turn on my headlights, they are pretty damn dimm so i think that is my problem... thanks 4 the info bro I never thought about that... but if anyone knows other causes please feel free to post it up... Thanks guy's lataz