PDA

View Full Version : q about 89 lxi tails (not about clears)

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-02-2003, 09:36 AM
for anyone else who has an 89 lxi check out the tails. i don't think it is limited to the coupe. if you look at the corner brake lights there is what seems to be a little reflector. is that what it is? why is it there? what i'm getting at is, can you remove that and move the white reverse light to there? has anyone thought about this? if you can move that then is there any other reason to keep the lights on the trunk lid? i've been thinking about this and kept forgetting to ask your alls opinion.

Burn rubber 3g style!!!
-Nolan

dXsquared
03-02-2003, 09:43 AM
just shave the trunk and forget aboutt the reverse light... just unplug the bulb and stick the wires away....

Travis

slammedLXI
03-03-2003, 09:17 AM
yah, the side reflector thing has a small light behind it... they are on the SIDE of the tails more, therefore they face out... putting reverse lights there would accomplish nothing. plus the light that is in there is just a little one, so some serious modification will be needed...

IMO, screw the reverse lights, just open up your door and look behind you if worse comes to worse... your brake lights do a pretty good job of providing light.

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-03-2003, 04:28 PM
not the ones on the side. the ones next to the trunk lid. lower part of the lights. its under the brake light.

Burn rubber 3g style!!!
-Nolan