PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake

89accordlxi
05-27-2002, 07:33 PM
Finally got around to making a cold air intake. I used the how-to to help make it. I added a fourth piece to extend out from the throttle body.

Top pic shows the 4 pieces used for the intake.

Bottom left shows intake in place with bumper off.

Bottom right shows finished product with battery relocated slightly in order for the intake to fit.

Peace out.

MoonScryer
05-28-2002, 05:27 AM
Looks good man; how's the power difference feel?

ACCORD EX
05-28-2002, 05:57 AM
looks sooooooooo pro ! :eek:
how much did the piping cost ! and what is that piping called !?

good work man ! :super:

MIKE

Bullfrog
05-28-2002, 06:06 AM
the piping is mandrel bent aluminized steel tubing..you can order the part from JCW...i dont remember what the order number is...looks like he also painted the piping real well...use ceramic based paint. it stays cooler....

88LXi68
05-28-2002, 07:51 AM
its about time more people started doing this intake!

89accordlxi
05-28-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
looks sooooooooo pro ! :eek:
how much did the piping cost ! and what is that piping called !?

good work man ! :super:

MIKE

I got the pipe form JCwhitney for $22.95 plus s/h.
The part number is 81ZX3035N

And Bullfrog, Yes, I did paint the pipe with dupli-color ceramic based aluminum paint.

MoonScryer1, I had a short intake under the hood before and I don't seem to notice any difference in power with the new one exept for the fact that I did notice with the short intake that it seemed to loose power after the engine warmed up. This is probably due to the fact that it was pulling in hot air from the engine. So if anything, with the new intake, I probably won't notice any loss of power once the engine warms up.
Peace out y'all.

ACCORD EX
05-28-2002, 11:00 AM
thnx for the reply ! really apreciate it man ! :D

MIKE

TeKKnoTeKK
05-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi

MoonScryer1, I had a short intake under the hood before and I don't seem to notice any difference in power with the new one exept for the fact that I did notice with the short intake that it seemed to loose power after the engine warmed up.

You could always try resetting the ECU, that may allow your engine to pull more air. If you do it let me know if you see a difference.

89accordlxi
05-30-2002, 06:55 AM
Ok, I would like to recomment on power difference feel. I mentioned before that I didn't feel much of a difference. I have had a chance to drive around for a few days now, and I have noticed some differences. The car pulls really good now at 3500rpm and above. Also, before I noticed that the car was a little sluggish under 3000rpm, but now, it has a little more pep between the 1000-3000 rpm range. The car just runs a little smoother overall as well. I can't believe how cool the pipe stays even after driving for an hour or so. The lower half of the pipe is practically cold to the touch and the upper part is just a little warm.. I am definitely enjoying the new Cold air intake. I will be getting new headers soon so I hope that will give me some more pep also.

I'm out.:D

TeKKnoTeKK
05-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Here's mine

Maydnaella
05-30-2002, 11:08 AM
I can't wait to try this out. I was just reading the 'how to' yesterday and wondering if I could tackle this on my own. we'll see! glad to know where to get that pipe though. thanks! looks good!

bobafett
05-30-2002, 02:46 PM
will this intake be close, as far as power gains? cause if so, i could prolly build it tonight! hehe... a first mod: w00t!

http://www.geocities.com/kimurayasu/intake.html

if not, i guess i will have to break down and install a CAI... but it seems much more difficult to make!

is anyone willing to make a few and sell them?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Looks Facking Kewl.......Now I want a Cold Air Intake:crying: