PDA

View Full Version : What will interchange?

Sharky196
03-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey guys.....I just had an 87 honda civic gave to me. It has no title. Rather than send it to the junkyard; I was wondering where I might find out what will interchange with my 87 accord. Its a complete car......just no title.

Sharky196
03-02-2003, 07:02 PM
I mean, I know most things wont interchange, but both cars have 13's. Will the rotors, calipers interchange? I may do the 5 speed conversion later down the road. Will the brake, clutch pedals interchange? Altenator? Carb? Any expensive relays or sensors that I should keep?

LIL'LXi
03-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Does it run? If so, why not file for a title and drive it or sell it. A junkyard will not give you anything for it.

Blue Impact
03-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Whatever you do, just don't give it to a junkyard.

Sharky196
03-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Well....yeah it does run. The only reason the title was junked out was so the former owner could transfer her tags to her new car. And she done it at the title dept. So.....I cant get a title for it. The only reason I was sending it to the junkyard is to get rid of it. Just wanted to keep any parts that I could use. I really wouldnt want to drive it anyway:barf: :lol

2twisty
03-03-2003, 07:41 AM
I see you live in Ohio. I have experience with this kinda thing in OHIO.

You can transfer your tags from car to car. That just switches the registration. There is still a title for that car.

You can file for a lost title, or you could get the original from the from the seller. Get with the original owner and tell them that they can transfer their plates without destroying the title. (I know this - I've done it SEVERAL times on cars) The BMV makes you tell them what you're gonna do with the car (junk, sale, etc) before they'll transfer it, but they don't destroy the title.

The title is still good. The original owner can still sign it over to you and you can get the car tagged (so long as it passes e-check if your county does that)

If not, you can file for a lost title, and after some paperwork and cash you can put the car on the road.

By far, the simplest solution is to get the title from the owner.

If they don't believe you, ask them to "humor" you, and that you'd like to have the title with your name on it anyways, just in case there is ever a question as to who owns it.

Get the title. Then drive that sucker (or sell it and make a profit.)

Chad

mugenprelude86
03-03-2003, 05:16 PM
race it.. autocross, rally, burnout, or beat the shit otu of it.. hahahhahahaha:super:

dXsquared
03-03-2003, 05:21 PM
thats what i was thinkin... beat the fuck out of the bitch...

do some jumps and shit

Travis