PDA

View Full Version : tail lights not working?

meohmy01
03-02-2003, 06:50 PM
my break lights work, reverse lights work, headlights work, my blinkers work, but that's it. my tail lights, markers, and dash lights do not work. this happened after i installed my head unit since the last one got ripped out of my dash board. this same thing happened to my 94 accord coupe, but the people who fixed it said it was in the main harness. i don't know if they were coning me or what but it cost a ton to repair. just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and/or if anyone has an idea of what might be wrong. i need to sell this car and by law it has to pass a safety inspection if it's over 300 dollars.

88 Accord DX
03-02-2003, 06:54 PM
check your fuses. if you touched your power wire to anything it prolly blew a fuse but i dont know why your tail lights woudlnt work. im stumped.

meohmy01
03-02-2003, 07:28 PM
not to sound like an asshole. but i think i know to check my fuses. at one point in time they began to work again but wouldn't turn off when the key was on. even if it was only on accessory. but when i installed the amp and played around back there again they stopped working again. so i don't know.

87accordlxph
03-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey did you reconnect that beeper that tells you when you left your keys in the ignition and the door open?

-Mike

meohmy01
03-03-2003, 03:58 PM
i never disconnected it. but come to think of it ti did work on and off and now just doesn't work. but what does that have to do with anything. that has to do with the strike thing in the driver door jam which is shot. ubt hey so is the one in my 95 1/2 honda passport.

SiR
03-04-2003, 09:46 AM
This seems like a common problem, there are old post of this porblems when radios are changed, I hd this once, but it was from 14A fuse under the dash. Search the old posts about this, there are a at least two threads in the past about this. I also blew the radio fuse which also connects to the clock and interior lights.

Haolerot
03-05-2003, 12:36 PM
i had the same problem when i put my deck in.....i was burning the fuse for my taillight all of the time....i went through about 30 to 40 fuses.......the problem just seemed to go away after a while....but ya anyway.. it probally is your fuses

meohmy01
03-05-2003, 12:42 PM
it's not my fuses. i wouldn't post without checking them first.