PDA

View Full Version : Valve, Fuel Magnetic

shepherd79
05-27-2002, 08:09 PM
hi,
i was looking at majestic catalog, and under carburators i found this valve that is called " fuel magnetic valve". it is located behind carb, attached with one screw and has a wire going out.
what does it do?
and another one: what is the hell is "Early Fuel Evaporator Insulator". it is a spacer between carb and intake. it looks loke giant gasket. what does it do? why do we need it?
and the last question i have is this one:
what is the diff. between Hitachi distributor and Tec one?
can i convert my car with hitachi distributor to Tec distributor?
what do i have to do it?
well this is al i have for now.
i am sure i will have a lot more questions for you guys in the future.
thansk again. :bow:

A20A1
05-27-2002, 10:21 PM
You mean the fuel cut off solenoid?

A solenoid is a wire wound in a circular pattern to create a electro-magnetic field.
The fuel cut-off solenoid is a pin vlave.
The pin sits partly inside the coils of the solinoid and partly inside the carb, blocking the flow of fuel when the power to the Solenoid is off.
When the power is turned on (you turn the ignition key) the current runs thru the Solenoid createing a magnetic field which then pulls on the metal pin and opens the fuel passage.

I have used both the Tech and hitachi distributors on my car... they both work.
I preffer the Tec which came stock on my car. But I couldn't afford to buy a new one when it exploded... (my fault) so I got a hitachi from my parts car.

The EFE heats up the fuel and helps it vaporize better
I think the EFE is thermal valve operated (BASED ON COOLANT TEMPERATURE)

not sure if it's the only function of the EFE screen.

the screen also acts as a spacer for the carb and an insulator... the spacer function keeps the throttle linkage from hitting the intake manifold.

shepherd79
05-28-2002, 03:41 AM
so, tec distributor is better one.
i will try to get one from jank yard.
thanks A20A1.

POS carb
05-28-2002, 08:00 PM
that fuel valve open as closes the passage for the idle fuel, without it connected you car will not idle

the EFE is a heater that allows the car to idle better when it's cold because liquid gasoline doesn't burn, only the vapors, so with this heater you retain good idle quality because it vaporizes the fuel passing through. EFI cars don't have this problem because their fuel is under so much pressure that when it is "injected" it atomizes, much like spray paint, and acts as if it were vaporized