PDA

View Full Version : No power under 3K ?

ACCORD EX
03-03-2003, 09:28 AM
well today i was riding my car and was trying accelerate i pushed the pedal all the way and the car doesn't accelerate that good ( it doesn't hesitate nor stall ) once it's reached 3K rpm it 's like i put NOS in it ! wooooooo !

so what is it with under 3K! ?
what could be the problem !
A/F mixture , spark plugs , ignition timing ????

any inputs will be apreciated

MIKE

A20A1
03-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah you're in the general area, either its not getting enough gas... or the gas isn't ignited properly.

bobafett
03-03-2003, 11:00 AM
most of the time when my car is cold it does that. like if the temp needle is still buried. and as soon as it warms up i am fine again.

i dunno if your car was cold at the time you tried accelerating, but i know others have this problem too!

johnwc723
03-03-2003, 12:13 PM
could it be your clutch pad is worn?

ACCORD EX
03-03-2003, 12:58 PM
clutch is ok ! rpm rising with speed ! doesn't miss ! :)
bobafett : > i know what you are talking about , hesitation @ full throttle when the car is cold ! right !
anyway i said no hesitation or stalling just slow acceleration !

anyway i 'll try a carb cleaner @ the first barel , adjust mixture , idle , change spark plugs ! and i'll see what happens !

any other ideas i can check while i am in my garage tomorow will be highly appreciated !

thanx a lot everybody !

MIKE

ACCORD EX
03-05-2003, 10:52 AM
well today i changed my plugs , cleaned the carb with a carb cleaner specially the first barell , cleaned all the diaphrams ! now it runs as it did before ! i think it were teh plugs !

MIKE

Lester Lugnut
03-05-2003, 09:41 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd say the carb cleaner got it unstuck.
There is of course a circuit in the carb for idle/low speed, mid-range and then the main jet for higher rpms. I would suspect that something in the mid-range circuit was plugged.

When plugs are bad, you get some kind of a noticable hesitation and most often a miss, be it slight or nerve-racking.

ACCORD EX
03-06-2003, 04:00 AM
well you are right ! but i'll never know ! :D

MIKE

c20v6turbo3rdgen
03-18-2003, 09:27 AM
That is the same thing that happends to me and my car with the 3k.

ACCORD EX
03-18-2003, 02:53 PM
well i posted what i did above to fix it ! but i see you got EFI !
so i would check the plugs and wires

MIKE