PDA

View Full Version : Help Anyone know how to chance a headlight switch ?

3genAccordEXI
03-03-2003, 12:16 PM
My healight won't turn off suddenly last night. I take off the fuse, so it won't drain the battery. The turning switch is not working properly. Does anyone know or have experience on how to change it and is it possible to get it from junkyard ? It's very annoying coz wherever I need the light i need to put my fuse in

:angry:

Thx for help.

Blue Impact
03-03-2003, 12:25 PM
It's not that hard to get one from a junkyard. You only need to take out the steering wheel then loosen like around 3 screws to get to the switches. The rest would just be disconnecting some wires.

ACCORD EX
03-03-2003, 01:00 PM
do you mean by turnning off the bulb all the whole headlight doesn't retract ? or both ?

MIKE

SiR
03-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Yea, it sounds like the combination switch, easy job.

MrBen
03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Yeah, just dont go to the dealer. Cost me 400 bucks for a new one.

3genAccordEXI
03-03-2003, 11:23 PM
It's the "turning" swtich. Sorry about my poor structutre of english.
Can anyone give me a little guide/help on this ? Very appreciated. It's very annoying when offwork at nite.
Thx in advance to all ^^

BoredRec
03-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Good luck finding one at a junkyard (tho you probably will). Still waiting for my switch to arrive in the mail (hopefully today). It's not hard at all, just need a pocket screwdriver, a 19mm to get the steering wheel nut off, and a philips screwdriver to unscrew the switch from the column. It's all one piece (headlights and wiper switch).

86AccordLxi
03-04-2003, 09:34 AM
The one that i picked up from the j/y didn't work when i put it on :( So i thought there was a more serious electrical problem with the car. After taking it to my mechanic (and after a lot of money), everything was fixed with a new combo switch from the dealer which was $175 :eek: :eek: It works now, though...that's all I can ask.

Alex

SiR
03-04-2003, 09:48 AM
You'll find them at junkyards, most are fine if the car hasnt been sitting at the yard forever. Problems when sitting that long are from the rain killing the circuitry.

3genAccordEXI
03-08-2003, 12:01 AM
:D :D :D :D
Fixed Thx guys . U guys AWESOME ^^