PDA

View Full Version : 1987 accord radio issue

mike5876
01-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Hello great forum! i just got a 1987 accord with 51k miles..the radio worked great then this morning i put cassette tape in to see if it worked..the tape doesn't go all the way in and seat in player..and now the eject light will comes on but am/fm no any ideas?

Oldblueaccord
01-01-2020, 04:05 PM
you are going to have to find a small screwdriver and while ejecting the tape use the screw driver to help it out.

Once you get it out you can look into the radio and see what jammed in there. My guess its just dirt over the years but I have seen stuff like tooth picks,straws,and paper clips in a radio.

mike5876
01-04-2020, 09:48 AM
you are going to have to find a small screwdriver and while ejecting the tape use the screw driver to help it out.

Once you get it out you can look into the radio and see what jammed in there. My guess its just dirt over the years but I have seen stuff like tooth picks,straws,and paper clips in a radio.

should have clarified there isn't a tape in the radio..if I try to put one in it wont drop into place...and after I did attempt radio not working as if a tape was in

Oldblueaccord
01-04-2020, 03:29 PM
well with a flash light your going to have to look in there and firgure out how the mechanism works. When you put a tape in it goes in then down over the two drive spindles and the tape heads come out.

Wild guess but there usually is a tigger at one corner(back) of the tape mechanism that should be down when a tape is installed to make it move. You might have to fiddle with that.

Worse case pull the unit take the cover off and figure it out from there. its probably very dirty and ever thing is stuck or some one jammed a tape in there the wrong orientation and bent something.

Dr_Snooz
01-04-2020, 05:41 PM
Anyone with a working​ 32 year old car stereo, please raise your hand.

AC439
01-09-2020, 01:41 PM
Anyone with a working​ 32 year old car stereo, please raise your hand.

Mine went poop 10 million years ago. I had too many failed casette players (both auto and home stereos). Most of the time its the rubber belt. Its impossible to find replacement....