PDA

View Full Version : custom 6 speaker system in progress

hondaaccord_86
05-27-2002, 10:48 PM
hey 3geez audio,
im doing a custom 6 speaker system: four in the rear deck, and two up front. i found that there are two rectangular areas that are open on the rear deck. i took the deck out and cut out two rectangular opennings. ill need to drill some holes so that my 6x9 speakers will fit. right now, i have two 6x9 speakers just sitting in the 6 1/2" speaker holes. they don't move around much, but again im going to need to drill new holes so that they won't fly out of the speaker holes. what do you guys think?

-ed

shepherd79
05-28-2002, 04:21 AM
so you gonna have 6.5 and 6x9 on the back. it is cool.
why don't you put 3 speakers system in each front door.
i am thinking doing it on mine.

hondaaccord_86
05-28-2002, 10:13 AM
actually its going to be four 6x9 'z in the back, and planning on putting in tweeters in the front. :)

-ed

87AccordsterLx
06-01-2002, 01:59 PM
finally someone else figures this out... I did that modifcation about 4 months ago... I love it... I can get pics and so on if you want to see it... The hardest part was custom cutting the top of the deck to fit the speaker grills... I used the pionner grills to cover the speakers and it looks great... sounds great as well... the only thing I want to do is hook up a 100w amp to them to add tone to my subs... it draws to much power out of my deck.. it's a 52x4 watt sony but you have to tap into the 6's and in doing so you drop the Ohm load to 2 and the deck is only made to run a 4ohm load... I have been running them with my 6's for a while though and its ok but I wouldnt do it for much longer.... let me know if you want any pics (I'd have to go take them...) Good Luck...

n300zx
06-01-2002, 08:38 PM
I've done this mod too... I even have pics (there being developed)... its a good idea...

n300zx
06-01-2002, 08:40 PM
also what you should do is hook the speaker up in series... that way you'd be running an 8 ohm load... a lot easier for the deck to handle :)

RyanLXi
06-02-2002, 01:08 PM
you Should run some or all of the speakers off an amp

hondaaccord_86
06-06-2002, 10:51 AM
hey 87AccordsterLx,
got any pics? i want to see how it looks. get some ideas.

-ed

87AccordsterLx
06-09-2002, 10:39 AM
ya sure thing... I'm washing my car today and taking pic's of my new rims as well so I'll have them posted by tomorrow...

87AccordsterLx
06-10-2002, 08:03 PM
ahh... sorry.. didnt happen today.....I'll try to take them tomorrow.....:smokin:

n300zx
06-10-2002, 08:57 PM
mine are being developed... i don't have a dig camera :(

killerb09
06-11-2002, 06:23 AM
why does everybody put speakers in the back???

whwen was the last time you went to a concert and turned around so the music was behind you????

subs go in the trunk cause you want them as far away from you as possible to elongate the time it takes to reach you....

if you want a good sound(not loud sound) mount a good component set or hell sets in teh front doors adn in kick pods or go really custom and build a center console to hold a set....

thehn mount the tweets so they are aiming at you from the front.....

that way you'll get the mids adn highs from the front and teh bass adn lows from the rear.....

this idea of 4 6X9's accross teh back window adn "tweeters" up front wouldn't sound good at all to me....
but then I'm not a bass monkey either...sound quality all the way!

87DXHatch
06-11-2002, 09:25 PM
bass monkey... that kills me! :lol

For my car, when the $$$ starts rollin', I plan on having components in the front, either kicker 6.5 inch subs in the back or some normal coaxials, and then 1 or two 10's in the hatch. I want to run the subs with an xtant 300watt amp and the other speakers with an xtant 50X4 amp.

I, too, am going for 100% SQ so if anyone can give me some tips for acheiving the highest level of quality, I'm all ears.

RyanLXi
06-16-2002, 01:45 PM
for sound quality i would buy the 6.5 infinity kappa componet set and a set of infinity kappa 6x9"s. do not run them off on amp. they dont get very loud like i would like but i gotta say that they are just crystal clear. diamond audo would be another componet set which i would get. i did have a bitch of a time putting those infinity componets in though....

Sabz5150
06-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Why not go surround... two front, two rear, center and sub. That would make for a nice sounding system. Ya just need to get the decoder.

-5150 :bandit:

n300zx
06-16-2002, 08:42 PM
or what i have... 2 pairs of speakers on the back dash... two in the front door, and 2 in the head rests... sounds real nice... maybe a center channel soon..

s0crates82
06-16-2002, 08:58 PM
I think having one in each door... meaning one in the drivers side front + rear, and passenger's side front + rear, and two on the back deck, would be a cool 6 speaker system.

bridging the (+) on the front to the (-) on the rear deck to make a mid faded sound for the back seat doors.

I've heard of this done, but not on our cars... not even sure if it can be done because of the windows...