PDA

View Full Version : Cant reply to threads

Oldblueaccord
01-27-2020, 03:42 PM
Having trouble replying to threads its more than 50% of the time. I hit reply and it goes to the white screen but never finishing sending. I let one go today until it loggged me out.

No errors. This is on two different Win10 computers two different IP addys.

Thanks.

conozo
01-27-2020, 08:25 PM
What browser? Do you have any browser extensions like ad blockers or search tools added.

Oldblueaccord
01-28-2020, 06:55 PM
Firefox.

Normal settings that I can tell.

conozo
01-28-2020, 08:25 PM
Try using Firefox in private/incognito mode for just this site as a test. This disables add ons, uses default settings, and does not use your already cached files and cookies. If it works then you got some cleanup to do in Firefox.

87accordlxi
01-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Sometimes when the blank screen happens on reply, it's because of an issue with a forum plugin. But that would happen for all users, and I haven't been able to replicate.

Is it happening in one thread in particular? Special characters in a post or thread title can cause issues sometimes. Otherwise, I'd lean toward the browser or add-on causing problems.

Oldblueaccord
01-29-2020, 12:47 PM
Sometimes when the blank screen happens on reply, it's because of an issue with a forum plugin. But that would happen for all users, and I haven't been able to replicate.

Is it happening in one thread in particular? Special characters in a post or thread title can cause issues sometimes. Otherwise, I'd lean toward the browser or add-on causing problems.

oddly it did seem to happen 3 times on Cons thread the third page.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/142033-conozos-daily-driver-adventures.html

I typed something out 3 times on that one so that might be the key. I do use and WinXP computer here at the house but Im not sure it did it on that one.

Dr_Snooz
01-29-2020, 07:59 PM
It just did it for me posting to this thread: https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/145777-main-relay-location-86-accord-lx-4dr-sedan-carb.html#post1217749

87accordlxi
01-31-2020, 09:38 AM
I've repaired & optimized the db, updated all server packages, and disabled a couple plugins we don't use. Tested a bunch of posts and haven't run into any more issues, but we'll see.

conozo
01-31-2020, 02:10 PM
I see you posting on my daily driving thread. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I host my pictures on my website and not 3geez. I don't use special characters but maybe something weird is happening when quoting a post with pictures not on the site. Just a thought

conozo
01-31-2020, 02:17 PM
Well I just had it happen to me when I tried to post the above post from my phone using firefox. I then tried in private mode and it worked just fine. So my guess is that our computers have cached some outdated code it keeps trying to use that instead of current server code. Possibly an server side update bug or some malware code has been injected into the site.

87accordlxi
02-04-2020, 07:07 PM
I've been plucking away at this, mostly by disabling our SEO plugin and then working on fixing redirects, but it ruined links all over the board and it would have been a huge undertaking to fix what may not have needed to be broken. Plus every link to us on Google would have been broken, with no reasonable remedy. Have to keep the SEO active. Good news is, I've been clicking around for the better part of 3 days and haven't had any issues other than the ones I caused.

Also dealing with a spam wave over the past few days, so registrations are a bit more complicated for the time being.

Dr_Snooz
02-06-2020, 08:29 PM
Site's been down for the last few days here. I'm just able to get back in today finally.

Oldblueaccord
02-27-2020, 12:36 AM
Joe thanks for looking at it!