PDA

View Full Version : gauge help please

90CRX
03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
i just got a new oil pressure, ammeter and temp gauge. i have questions for all of them. what is the size of the oil pressure fitting on the block and where is it(a picture would help alot)? i know its by the oil filter. where do i install the ammeter? it says to install it to the starter, but i see no point in that. and finally, do i install the temp sensor into the factory sensor port and run with out it? or is it just a fan switch? is there a temp sensor in the block as well? b/c i dont want my car to run rich and have a high idle. all your help is appreciated much.

cruznz
03-04-2003, 12:56 AM
are all the gauges electrical?....

the ammeter needs to be rated higher that alternator output and is connected in series between the + of the battery and alternator,..dont earth it or you'll blow it.......if unsure get an auto electrician to put it in.....

BoredRec
03-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Oil pressure fitting I thought was a -4an, but possibly 6....it sits atop the oil filter housing, sticking up. Not entirely sure on the anmeter. The temp gauge (depending on what they gave ya) can go to the single wire sensor on the t/stat housing without screwing up any of the a/f mixture and other computer related things.

90CRX
03-04-2003, 02:31 PM
ok, the ammeter i get, but i dont understand what you are talking about with the temp guage. its a mech gauge as well as the oil pressure gauge. for the temp gauge, am i supposed to connect it to the port in the bottom of the radiator or somewhere else? because i know there is already a sensor in the bottom of the radiator, but i dont know if it is for the fans or for the ecu.

cruznz
03-04-2003, 10:18 PM
do as BoredRec suggested, remove the single wire sensor on the thermostat housing,put in a t-fitting,(if you want to use original temp gauge as well), and adapters to take the sensor and mechanical gauge hose fitting,.....do the same with the oil gauge.

The 2 wire sensor on the thermostat housing is for the ECU i think,not quite sure with your model....the one on the bottom of the radiator is for fans