PDA

View Full Version : full paintjob for a moped *even trade*

bradccool
03-03-2003, 09:13 PM
well about 2 weeks ago I had my bumpers painted, trunklid painted *emblems shaved* dents taken out of back left Q panel......I posted pics on this board of it and asked if it was a fair price, well It didnt match PERFECT but it was close, but still be the perfectionist I am I wanna get the whole car to match! the main problem was of coarse MONEY! but b4 I had my good ole 3g I had a 2001 Tomos Targa MOPED and I been trying to sell it ever sence I got my license *I'm 16 hehe* well the same guy that painted my car b4 said he would trade me A full paintjob (outside not doorjams, but I am getting it the same color as the car is now) mirrors painted door handles(yea I gotta DX go ahead and laugh) painted and every dent taken out *not many dents in it* sounds like a great deal to me! so I think I am gonna part with the moped cuzz I put 5K on it while I owned it. I was just wondering what you all think, should I sell the moped for 600$ *what I am asking* or get the paint job?

(x_x)
03-03-2003, 11:04 PM
If the accord's in good condition, then get the paintjob for sure. If it's like my accord, and rusted to bits, maybe keeping the moped's not a bad investment, :lol

89accordboi
03-03-2003, 11:09 PM
if u paint it im sure u can sell it for more then 600

xbi0s
03-04-2003, 06:55 AM
He meant the moped was $600 not the car :P

bradccool
03-04-2003, 10:22 AM
yea hehe......

si accord
03-04-2003, 04:33 PM
how in the hell do you drive a moped 5,000 miles, i felt a lil dumb drivin my 99 gz250 and its even a real motorcycle, but i just can't see puttin 5K miles on a moped, not to be an ass or anything but did you take it across the country or sumthin, i wanna take a road trip on a moped. sounds fun:lol

:stick: just messin wit ya

...opie

bradccool
03-04-2003, 07:21 PM
yea truthfully it was alot of fun! haha.....I rode that thing everywhere b4 I had a car it was cheap too...... 1.25$ would last me 2 weeks and like 300miles *give or take a few* my car 19.00$ last me like a week n a half and I get maybe 300miles out of it *I drive pretty fast... I even found website dedicated to em like this is dedicated to our cars....... the moped site was www.themopedarmy.com it was awesome! they had meets n shit too! lol

johndej
03-05-2003, 01:28 PM
dude, i went to italy and they had fucking moped gangs there. you'd see like 20 of them cruising and they'd pull up at a stop like and like high five eachother and yell at everyone. i found it hilarious. i was going to yell shit at all of them (atleast 1 in every city) but i realized they could easily jump the sidewalk and chase my ass. oh well, if its a good paint job and they do everything right then i'd say it would be a good deal.

uneek
03-05-2003, 02:28 PM
dude, i went to italy and they had fucking moped gangs there. you'd see like 20 of them cruising and they'd pull up at a stop like and like high five eachother and yell at everyone. i found it hilarious. i was going to yell shit at all of them (atleast 1 in every city) but i realized they could easily jump the sidewalk and chase my ass. oh well, if its a good paint job and they do everything right then i'd say it would be a good deal.

MOPED GANGS...LMFAO!!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bradccool
03-05-2003, 06:06 PM
well, forget about the moped thing....someone came by my house today with 700$ cash and laid it in front of me for it.......and I said.HELL YEA! and it was sold........but I may still get my car painted with the money......we will see, but I am doing one small mod........... H4 Conversions hehe!

johndej
03-05-2003, 06:17 PM
sounds like a good deal. how much are those new?

bradccool
03-05-2003, 08:42 PM
the model I had is like 1500$ here new ....but online they are like 1200$ thats how I got it........so I got a lil over half what I payed for it........plus the crank in it was going bad.....hehe *sshh!*

pearldrop
03-06-2003, 07:53 AM
I have had two different Honda scooters. The first one when I turned 16 was a Honda Spree. It only went 25 mph and could only carry one person. I put about 3,000 miles on that before I bought a Honda Elite 80. That one can only go 40 mph but it can carry two people. I still have it and ride it once in a while. They are fun to ride even though they are slow. I have no idea how many miles I put on my newest one but I am guessing it is close to 5,000. I need to pull that thing out of the garage and go for a cruise today.

Elijah
03-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Pearl ur funny u got all these rides and still u ride a scooter.

dXsquared
03-06-2003, 01:06 PM
nothin like ridin around on a 100 CC enduro... mah best friend got one last summer... it will fit both of us but mah ass is half on the seat and half on the fender... top speed.. 60 MPH....he came over one day and i made him a 1.5 inch exhaust... with a 3.5 inch stainless tip.. so cool!!!!!!!

Travis

bradccool
03-08-2003, 04:26 PM
well here'z da deal.............I went to the body shop that was gonna trade for the moped...........I asked him how much it would be to paint the whol car sence I sold the moped, he said 500$!!! because I had reccomended him to all my friends after he painted my bumpers and emblems...........and that got him lots o bizness so I am getting it painted monday...........it awesome.........she said he is gonna go ahead and paint what he painted b4 again! cuzz he thinks he can do better..........but as u can see in the pics..........it dont look bad now! it will be nice when its all new paint tho.........vrs 15yr old paint........it dont match perfect........but its all good

dXsquared
03-08-2003, 04:59 PM
thats sweet.. make shur he sands all of it down first... nothin like paint over shinny paint.. looks like shit and doesnt stick

Travis