PDA

View Full Version : Newb Hello From Oz!

Willo
02-27-2020, 02:24 AM
Hey all,

While the reason I'm on these forums is not a happy one (Aunty passed), I'm happy to be here as I'm now the owner of a well looked after 1987 Honda Accord Si (4 Door Sedan).

It needs a few little tinkers and TLC, but I'm happy that it runs well. I do have one question, do any others on the forums here from Oz maybe know what speakers are in the front and rear of the Si sedan?

First order of business will be the replacement of a funky old stereo.

Cheers and g'day

Willo

Dr_Snooz
02-28-2020, 07:49 PM
You talking about size or brand?

Willo
02-29-2020, 01:43 AM
Sorry, size :)

Dr_Snooz
02-29-2020, 10:20 PM
The rears are 6x9. I'm pretty sure the fronts are 5-1/2" but l can't verify it because l have some oddballs adaptered in right now.

Willo
02-29-2020, 11:09 PM
The rears are 6x9. I'm pretty sure the fronts are 5-1/2" but l can't verify it because l have some oddballs adaptered in right now.

Awesome, thanks.

Maybe I can wait until I have the time to rip the old ones out. I have a headunit ready to go, they were on sale.

While I have you, do you know if this centre console is a specific model only? The section at the rear with a rag in it has broken and I want to replace it. It has a lid which I have in the boot.

I've looked at a local wrecker website and I can't see that section in the pic, I also can't see it in the service manual.

Any thoughts?

Dr_Snooz
03-01-2020, 07:24 AM
That's a new one to me. It might be a Australia specific thing or the remnants of a dealer added armrest. I haven't seen it before.

Willo
03-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Hmm,

Interesting! Might be specific as it has a few bespoke stickers on it for f1 and other items.

What are your guys using to restore and care for rubber seals? I've seen a few products online e.g. 303, generic silicone spray, Sil-Glyde and a German brand thing. Locally there is AutoGlym Trim and Rubber Care product, and wondered if anyone has a success story with any type of product?

Don't want to get sucked into an expensive dodgy product that is snake oil, the Sil-Glyde seems very greasy and wondering if it's going to pick up dust and dirt? I mainly want to protect the rubbers of the sunroof so I don't get rained on :)

Also, how do I tell what spec the engine is? I've seen a few different engine types.

Cheers

Willo

Dr_Snooz
03-01-2020, 06:51 PM
l like Zymol's stuff, but I've heard good things about 303. l avoid silicone.