PDA

View Full Version : is 500.00 too much to get my moldings shaved?

Chrome_thangs
03-04-2003, 04:58 PM
I just went up to the body shop to check on the progress of my car. Everything was done right (shaved anatea, emblem holes, squirter holes, aftermarket sidemarker holes, rain channel things, trunk, and all the little nicks and dings). The package was supposed to include the moldings, but all he had done was filled in the clip holes that's underneath the molding. His dumb ass thought that's what i meant. I was pissed! :mad: I explained myself thuroughly using the words "even" & "flush" way before he even started. So at first he says it can't be done the way i want it because the bottom sticks out past the top. I assured him that it is very possible, and i've seen it done to lots of 3gs. All you have to do is weld thin strip of metal in there like the trunk and fiberglass over it to smooth it out. So he goes and talks to his boss and comes back 10 min. later saying that it will be an additional 5 hundred to do it. I already paid $500 to get it this far! I got really pissed then, :mad: and (very loudly) voiced my opinion. :rant: So now i have the option to either try some where else that doesn't gaurantee the work or fork over another 5.

dXsquared
03-04-2003, 05:07 PM
dont do it! thats crazy... go somewhere else...is it getting painted there too? maybe give them like 750 to do the doors and paint... but thats crazy! or just go to another place

Travis

Blue Impact
03-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Man, was the guy high or drunk when you were explaining to him? I think he should get into some trouble for that.

Mike89Accordcom
03-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Yeah thats high, I could see $300 maybe or $350. That sucks. I hate it when you explain shit thuroughly and it still comes out wrong.

rabbit_66_61
03-04-2003, 06:29 PM
the body man is right in that the bottom of the side molding sticks out farther than the top its a bitch to work with let me tell u i've ran into the same problem with shaving my own car, but ya that price is messed up take it somewhere else