PDA

View Full Version : Water pump pulley bolts

Dr_Snooz
03-01-2020, 07:20 AM
I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I just spent a couple weeks without the Red Car because of this. I lost one of my water pump pulley bolts recently. There was nothing in the junkyard so I had to figure out the size to buy something. The bolts have a 10mm head, but are not the standard 10mm size that Honda uses so frequently. On p. 10-7 of the manual, it lists a size of 6x1.0, but this is wrong. They are fatter and very short. If you get them too long, they will hit the water pump housing and make a mess. They are also a flange bolt (they have an integrated washer in the head). The actual size is M7x1.0x10mm. So, M7 is the shaft diameter; 1.0 is the thread pitch; and 10mm is the length. M7 bolts are hard to find and flanged M7 bolts are impossible. You can find M6 and M8 all day long, but not M7. I was not able to find anything anywhere online: not Amazon, not eBay, not even McMaster-Carr. I ended up going to Home Depot and buying a standard M7 bolt with separate washers. My HD had them in stock. It just took me 2 weeks of searching to find them.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-7-mm-1-0-x-10-mm-Zinc-Plated-Metric-Hex-Bolt-2-Pieces-35858/100338639

Hope this saves someone else a big headache.

InAccordance
03-01-2020, 03:22 PM
I dropped one of those changing the pump a while back and about panicked because of this. Rare bolts just like the one that hold the ignition switch in place. Still haven't found any of those..

AWH
04-06-2020, 01:16 AM
Snooze,
I understand you got your Accord running again after a good while of not having it driving at all [emoji780] If so,happy to hear so. A moderator without a running car seems a bit weird.
Wanted to ask if you are on any of the FB groups,and what username you have on there. Just to know which is you,because I follow for a while now,and might have been talking to you already without even realising.
Stay healthy in these strange days.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5823 met Tapatalk

AC439
04-09-2020, 01:07 PM
For a while, I thought Richard Thompson on the FB 3geez group was Snooz.......

Dr_Snooz
04-12-2020, 06:49 PM
The Red Car is running again! :D Thanks for asking.

I have a hard time with Facebook. It seems like half the people there are narcissists ("Look at how cool I am!") and the other half are voyeurs. Zuckerberg is the voyeur-in-chief sucking up large amounts of data about his users, then selling it off without asking for consent. It's not really the sort of thing I want to be a part of, so I've avoided it like the plague. Every so often, I wonder if there's something there worth seeing, but the only thing I really want to do for Zuckerberg is jab my middle finger in his eye for being a creepy dirtbag. I can't, so I stay here, depriving his platform of my knowledge. Maybe I'm all turned around on things. I don't know.

I keep in touch with some people here by email, PM me if you want my address.