PDA

View Full Version : Leaky injectors..........

Chrome_thangs
05-27-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm wanting to replace the o rings in my injectors how do i get them off and where does the o ring go

monsonhonda
05-28-2002, 05:25 AM
sorry man, but i think you have to replace te entire injector if its leaking, cuse its usally not the oring leaking, least thats what i was told when i looked into mine.

peace

fussell

DBMaster
05-28-2002, 08:39 AM
Yup, second that opinion. The o-rings are not leaking. It is your injector where the plastic and metal parts are pressed together.

It seems like the best price anyone here has found is $40 each and they are available through nopi.com. The new ones come with all the seals you need and if you are careful you can just replace the ones that are leaking without replacing the seals on the injectors you leave in.

Low Tek
10-08-2002, 12:03 AM
mine leak too... can we get bigger injectors for more fuel? or do we have to go for the norm?

DBMaster
10-08-2002, 06:12 AM
Getting bigger injectors won't do squat unless you get a new cam, intake, and exhaust.

Think of the engine as a pump. Unless you can get in more air and increase the duration of the valve opening adding more fuel in won't do anything except maybe decrease your gas mileage and enrich your fuel mixture. The injectors that came with your car are precisely "sized" for your current setup. Adding performance is not as simple as sticking in injectors with a higher flow rate.

Sorry, dude.

Maydnaella
10-08-2002, 06:45 PM
I have two leaking fuel injectors that I need to replace. Are these the ones I'd have to buy?

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=140&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1988&vnopinum=925%2B1653&vTitle=1988
Performance Fuel Injector, ALL 2.0L (A20A1) Engines. (Flow Rate 255cc/Min.)

carotman
10-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Yeah those are the ones. I wonder if having different injectors on the engine would do something weird.

Maybe getting them from a junkyard would be cheaper. Also, you'll make sure they are all the same brand

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
10-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Damm Does are expensive!!! any reason u want perfomance fuel injectors?? just curious?? the venom injectors are 32 bucks!!! u can buy two for the price of one of the accel ones!!

Maydnaella
10-08-2002, 07:18 PM
oh hell, i don't know the difference yet. lol I just picked what looked right but if the venom ones fit too then i'll go with those. they all have to be the same brand? why?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
10-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Well if u are willing to spend $130 for 4 injectors!! I was told that they do not have to be the same brand, just as long as the flow rate is same!! but heck what do I know!! That what the mechanic dude said to me!! Maybe he was trying to rip me off!! Try going to an auto zone type of store!! They should should be able to help you out!! maybe even pay less!! Sorry If am not much help!!

AZmike
10-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
Yup, second that opinion. The o-rings are not leaking. It is your injector where the plastic and metal parts are pressed together.

I just did mine this weekend and the 3 that were leaking were definitely leaking at the seams, not the o-rings.

MoonScryer
10-09-2002, 05:30 AM
89 Supra injectors fit, and flow more. If you got the usual I/H/E, throw on a pressure regulator, and put those in. Junkyards are filled with these cars.