PDA

View Full Version : this sux, please help

si accord
03-04-2003, 08:38 PM
well, my engine has started to make some gay ass knocking sound and i was needing some help. it is mostly when accelerating and goin uphill but also if i rev it to about 2 or 3 grand and hold it there. i'm guessin i got a rod starting to knock and i was wondering if any1 on here has had to fix this and what exactly do i have to do, i don't care to do it myself cuz i can do it at tech school if its too hard for the driveway, ,please help cuz i hate this:mad:

...opie

Blue Impact
03-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey, check the bolts and nuts that holds your header. It could just be that you have one or two of those loose. If those aren't the problem, then it could be your valves.

anchovies
03-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Try another brand of fuel and of a higher octane. See if that helps. It might be your timing set too far advanced or you need to lash your valves.

1988starter
03-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Check your timing then when your engine is cold check your valves but first check your timing and makesure your distributer is not loose

ACCORD EX
03-05-2003, 10:40 AM
ignition timing , timing belt !??

MIKE

anchovies
03-06-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by anchovies
Try another brand of fuel and of a higher octane. See if that helps. It might be your timing set too far advanced or you need to lash your valves.

Sorry not lashing the valves but just a simple adjusting will do.

od2681
03-06-2003, 10:05 PM
my freinds accords piston #3 wasnt firing cuzz of the wire..it was making knockin sounds....have you tried that..not tryin to be an asshole....