PDA

View Full Version : Help me with some springs please

BeeJ
03-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey guys whats up i got some racing springs for a 1990-1994 accord and i have a 88 i was wondering if anyone knows if they well fit and if anyone lives in the washington seattle area if they could help me get them on or tell me were i could get them on for cheao

Chrome_thangs
03-04-2003, 10:00 PM
If these springs are going on your 88' ,why would you get springs for a 90-94. U know they do make them for your car. I got my from www.nopi.com

Jims 86LXI HB
03-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BeeJ
Hey guys whats up i got some racing springs for a 1990-1994 accord and i have a 88 i was wondering if anyone knows if they well fit and if anyone lives in the washington seattle area if they could help me get them on or tell me were i could get them on for cheao

No can do, the 4th gen uses longer front springs and I'm pretty sure it's rear springs are a narrower diameter. If your wanting coilovers you can use 4th and 5th gen coilovers, however those tend to be so stiff that you'll spend a ton of money getting the right struts for them,.......revalved.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING READ THIS POST.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11093

Are you after springs that are as stiff as neuspeed race springs? Those are around 500lbs front 400lbs rear? If so, know that you'll have to get revalved Koni's or Bilsteins for any hope of being a decent car.

What do you REALLY want from your suspension? How much drop do you want to make you happy?