PDA

View Full Version : do you think this method works

89AccordLvr
03-05-2003, 12:35 PM
im trying to make my blinkers blink faster and i found this link, i wanna to know if anyone has tried this or knows another way of making the blinkers faster and/or brighter.

here's the link:

http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/cosmetic/rapidflasher/

Blue Impact
03-05-2003, 12:42 PM
You can always cuz the wires which are connected to the bumper blinkers. You wouldn't have any front blinkers at all if you do this. I've seen some cars like this before. Oh, and what you can do with the bumper blinkers is that you can make the lense clear (by taking the orange piece inside) and connect that to your side marker or something.

89AccordLvr
03-05-2003, 01:04 PM
i dont want to do that i want to make the blinkers blink faster not have any at all

blazin3gen
03-05-2003, 01:04 PM
aha do it my way i took off the two orange bulbs in the front now it blinks like crazy

Chrome_thangs
03-05-2003, 02:41 PM
What i did is buy some red LED bulbs from Autozone, you might have to over night deliver them (size1156). Take out the bulbs in the rear turn signal, replace w/ LED bulbs. You're done! See the LED bulbs draw far less current than the bulb you had in there. So the result is the car thinks the bulb is blown and that gives you the fast blinker effect! The down side to this is that the dash will tell you your tail lights are blown and that little car diagram will light up. For that you'll have to go in there and turn off that bulb, or ignore it like i do.

cdscowboy
03-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Can't you just get some sort of relay?? I thought I remembered seeing something along those lines. You just hook it up somehow...I dunno. Don't have to replace a resistor or anything. Sorry I don't know any details.

MrBen
03-05-2003, 04:52 PM
I seem to remember a while back someone was going to buy a relay at NAPA or something that was adjustable. I could be wrong.

87AccordsterLx
03-07-2003, 06:08 PM
yep its pretty easy to do...

go to any auto store like NAPA, Pepboys etc... get 2 relays found in the light section. Get like 15 feet of 14 gauge wire from homedepot. Wire the front blinkers to the sidemarkers and you get your front blinkers to come on and stay on when your sidemarkers/parking lights come on. Looks best when you have clear lenses. It looks like built in fog lights :D Well durning the process you have to cut the wires going to the front blinkers and thus they blink fast. (the relays think the fuse is blown so it flashes fast as a warning to the dirver) If you need a drawing for this I could put one together.... I put new hyper white bulbs in mine also and the color matches the headlights... looks clean as shit... :)

89AccordLvr
03-08-2003, 09:53 AM
yea i need a drawing please

Coitis1
03-08-2003, 10:12 AM
why do u want faster blinkers?

89AccordLvr
03-08-2003, 10:39 AM
it looks nice

xbi0s
03-08-2003, 11:58 AM
no no noo noo nooo

Here is what you kids do.

Open the fuse box, swap out the flasher like it says

Remove the resistor, like it says

(Do this at a desk, with a light)

Have a soldering gun ready along with solder thats conductive.

Go to RadioShack, or equiv. and buy a turn knob resistor that goes up to at least 90K resistor and can go down to at least 45K, or equiv

The lower the # the faster it blinks

Now take 22 gauge wire (18-22, something SMALL) and solder it into the spot of the resistor...

Then run the wires to the spot you want the knob to be (try a hidden place since most likely you wont be toying with this as much.)

This way, with a variable resistance on the lighting, you can adjust how your flasher flashes.... Incase a cop (for some reason) complains or whoever, or just for looks...

Also besure to drill a SMALL hole in the flasher relay cover, since u need to run the wires out of it

If you'd like a picture drawn, hit me up on AIM or Yahoo under the name xbi0s

89AccordLvr
03-08-2003, 12:22 PM
where can u get a soldering gun and a solder at and how much do they go for

blazin3gen
03-08-2003, 12:46 PM
hey i would like a picture drawn my aim is ghst2300

87AccordsterLx
03-08-2003, 11:31 PM
whoa there man... its a lot ceaper to buy 2 relays and some wire then to solder some wires together. Many people do not have soldering guns.

MrBen
03-08-2003, 11:54 PM
I think fast blinkers are stupid. When I see them, I think the guy is stupid because he probably has no idea why they are blinking so fast and has no brains to fix them.

And by the way, you know some of the newer cars have those bright ass digital-type brake lights and everything...is there any way we can do something similar for our cars?