PDA

View Full Version : Which clutch sucks the least?

ShiRen
04-28-2020, 07:17 AM
Hey you glorious bastards, hows it been. Its that time of the year again when I am cranked up on vitamin D and I am eager to work on the sexy brown lunchbox that's leaving puddles in my driveway and in 6 months time I will probably blow it up again, at the same time the sun will hide away making me not want to touch the thing for another six months. I'll be honest, I haven't touched the thing since the trans started screaming bloody murder. I bought a new Civic Si and its a lot faster, so I've been occupied. Unfortunately new Civics don't have sex appeal like a rusty grandpa car, so I'm ready to put a clutch in it or lay down and cry if my trans oil comes out looking like glitter glue.

I bought a Exedy 08708 off Rockauto last year and I might try to get a warranty claim on it, or I might just not give a shit. I am pretty sure it lost a rivet and it is now eating into the flywheel. Is that the best clutch I can get though? I could get the 6 puck M-pact, but idk if its worth a hoot. I am most definitely putting bike carbs on it as soon as I blown part of my house loan on a welder, so I don't want to fool around with any baby clutches.

InAccordance
04-30-2020, 06:35 PM
Stay away from the M-pact. I had that 6 puck one and it didn't last 6 months. Springs came out of the disc and started to eat into the flywheel.
https://i.imgur.com/XsKpNjF.jpg

lol giant picture but at least you can see the spring areas better.
I wasn't hard on it either, I broke it in properly because I didn't want to have to pull it by being a turd and hitting it rough right away but ended having to pull it anyway, go figure.

ShiRen
05-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Hmm. Only other car I've ever seen them go into is like catfish Camaros, but I still haven't heard anything about them. Idk then, maybe I should try to warranty my Exedy clutch, sounds like a pain in the ass and I don't have my receipt. It would be really nice to have another clutch/trans to fall back on for these cars. I guess its not impossible to mill out a bellhousing and flywheel adapter for a b series cable clutch LS trans. I have the tools, but idk if I am comfortable pioneering that.