PDA

View Full Version : Replace Carpet

Willo
05-04-2020, 04:03 AM
Hey guys,

The car I got was a family member who loved her dogs. The carpet maybe able to be cleaned if I get a professional detailer. But in the case it can't, how hard is it to replace a with a moulded kit? I think from the RockUSA place??

Cheers

Willo

InAccordance
05-11-2020, 05:23 PM
Shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't think. Remove seats, center console, door kickplates, and just random plastic trim here and there.

Willo
05-14-2020, 08:32 PM
Awesome, thank you.

I couldn't find moulded carpets in Aus, but spoke to a motor trimmer who can do it for not much more, YAY!

There is currently a sale on audio gear locally and I have got my head unit sorted, but I need to grab speaker. Any ozzie 3geez owners who have replaced the speakers and know exactly what size front speakers? I think the rear are 6" x 9".

ShiRen
05-18-2020, 04:44 AM
I have pulled the carpet and drug it to the carwash in a few different cars, real handy having a truck and just spraying the thing down in the bed and taking the long way home to get it dry. Would recommend.

In my car all 4 speakers are 6.5"s.

Willo
05-19-2020, 03:45 AM
Thanks ShiRen,

I don't have aflat bed truck :(. I know some speakers are different and I know my rears are 6x9

ShiRen
05-19-2020, 07:45 AM
I mean you don't need a truck lol, maybe a sunny day... Not gonna lie I set one carpet on some saw horses with a salamander heater below it, I don't recommend that though as I don't want to be responsible for any carpet related fires.

I have a parts car with 6x9s in the back, I couldn't tell if they were ghetto rigged in there or not because I never cared to look to see if they were in a factory mounting location. The front door panels are the same though and I don't think you can fit anything other than a 6.5" in there. You can take the speaker cover off to look, its like 3 phillips screws. I'd look first before buying because I kept the vintage pioneers that came with the car in the front and only replaced the rears.