PDA

View Full Version : Front upper control arm bushing install?

ArrZeroZero
05-13-2020, 10:41 AM
So I bought the upper control arm for my 87 accord because the ballpoint was pretty shot and didn't realise it didn't come with the bushings already in it so I ended up buying those too but the question I have now that I'm broke and cant pay to have the bushings pressed in by a professional is how can I do it at home. I really need to get this control arm on as I only have one car and it has been out of commission for 3 days now as I had to wait for the control arm then the bushings. Any tips on how to get these freaking bushings in would be appreciated

AWH
05-13-2020, 01:27 PM
You should really ask thus question on 3geez Facebook. You will surely get an answer there. I think you can press them in yourself, but it can be tricky. I think a shop could do it fairly cheap though. Hope you get it done.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5823 met Tapatalk

AWH
05-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5823 met Tapatalk

Dr_Snooz
05-15-2020, 07:17 PM
You shouldn't need to press them in. They should slide in easily with some light grease. l dealt with some like you have there. l beat and pressed and cursed to get them in. l did, but they made scrubbing noises over every bump and failed after 10k miles. l only buy Moog arms now if I can.

Best of luck.

Oldblueaccord
05-17-2020, 12:31 PM
You could use a large C clamp. They dont need much force to press them in even a rubber mallet might work. Freeze them for a day or two to shrink them down.