PDA

View Full Version : Stability now.

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 09:58 AM
In your oppinion what tires and what size would you reccomend for a 3gee that might one day have 350 hp or more? Once i get performance tires I wont put them in my car yet. Im saving everything that ill buy and install it later everythign at same time.

Right now Im thinking 235/40 16 inch dunlop S9ooo What do you think? This off course will be in addition to major suspensioon upgrades.

Oh has anyone realized that the 3gee has horrible turn ratio? It cant make U-turns like some other cars. Any fix to this?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-28-2002, 10:27 AM
I think you'll have a problem with the tires rubbing, 215 is likely the max, unless you have a body shop flair the fenders, which could look really cool, IMO.

When you comes to seriously upgrading the suspension, what is avalible from the aftermarket seriously limits what you can get. Neither bilstein or koni offer their sport struts. Their is a company that makes custom koni sports with shortened front units that are also custom valved based on your spring rates, but they cost $1040. At this time Koni Special's are the best struts you can buy off the shelf for our cars.

Am curious, what cars have you driven that you feel have great turning radius's? I've never never had reason to complain about my car and it's turning circle isn't much wider than my brother's 92 civic HB.

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 11:15 AM
Bigger V-8 cars have better turning radios. for example A 1989 Grand Marquis. But this was no regular Grand Marquis. For one it was a coupe (long story on how that happened) It had modded suspension, Tires. It was lowered. And it was powered by a 289 Ford Windsor engine. I miss that car. It wasnt exacly the fastest thing to todays standard but it was pretty fast. Like easile topped out at 130 or so Mph. But the best of all is that it was extremely stable at those speeds. I miss that car.

Flaired out body? How does that look and around how much would that cost me?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-28-2002, 01:08 PM
You'd have to contact your favorite body shop. I just don't see other members being successfull with 16" tires wider than 215mm
I don't think anyone here has gone with wider fenders that I know of.

accordlx
05-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Jim is correct. 235's will stick out and rub unless you go with something like a 50 offset. Then you will have achieved the skateboard look. This look is very played out IMHO.

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 04:48 PM
I want to avoid the skate board look at all costs! :huh: :barf: :barf:

:barf:

Hmm i dont know anybody shops in Dc -Md -Va area. Does anyone?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-28-2002, 04:57 PM
Skate board look:lol :lol LOL! Hey I see it around here all the time. YUCK!!!

Sabz5150
05-31-2002, 03:24 AM
I'd take the skateboard look over the 3 degrees of negative camber on all fours look that I've seen around here. :barf:

If ya lower, do it right.

-5150 :bandit: