PDA

View Full Version : FI Staying On

cpayette
05-28-2002, 10:05 AM
OK I have a weird problem. My car is in the shop right now, but he showed me something very weird and I want to know if this has ever happened to you guys.

My car has been running on 3 cyls and also my battery has drained the past 2 days overnight.

It turns out that one of my fuel injectors is ON when the car is off. It's the fuel injector going to the cyl that is not working. This is quite strange. Any ideas on what happened here. I recently replaced my alternator, and am wondering if I messed anything up.

Thanks.

cpayette
05-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Just heard back from the mechanic. Seems I have a burned valve and possibly another problem. So far it's at least $600 of repairs.

He's looking for electrical problems but is unfamiliar with the wiring. He says all the fuel injectors should be ground but one is constant power for some reason. It was not like this before. Anybody know why the heck this would happen?

cpayette
05-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Figured it out. I smashed some wiring harness putting in the alternator. Put a new ECM (ECU? Difference???) in today now need to get the wiring harness fixed and I think it will be all set. Anything I should check for. PLEASE RESPOND SOMEBODY. Thanks.

cpayette
05-30-2002, 10:01 PM
I guess I'll continue to talk to myself. I'm doing pretty good answering myself too. What a great board.

Anyways the bastards at the wrecking yard LIED to me saying the EC* they gave me was compatible even though the last numbers on the part number was "684" and mine is "686" and they have a no return on electrical parts. Im now getting a driver from the 684 one and putting it in the 686 one which SHOULD fix the problem. Anyone see any potential problems with this? Anyone read this? Guess I'll take my chance..

Hi Mom

I'd like to give a shout out to all my boys at Midway. Keep it real. Hey I can do this because nobody is reading this post.

pimp86LX
05-30-2002, 10:05 PM
heh heh no worries, ppl are reading, i guess they just figured you had everything under control cause you keep answering youself :D :lol :lol

peace :pimp:

smufguy
05-31-2002, 06:27 AM
getting stuff from a store with no return policy (unless its a junk yard) is not a good place to even drive around. Those bastards are born to be asses. :mad: :rant:

cpayette
05-31-2002, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I hesitated but this was my only car and I was strapped for cash so it was my only option. However, I've always believed that if you are going to run your own store then get enough balls to believe in what you sell, and that means offering a return policy.

pimp86LX
05-31-2002, 12:29 PM
u said it man

cpayette
05-31-2002, 05:11 PM
Well I pick up the car tomorrow morning. They were able to switch parts between the 2 computers and make 1 good one and everything's good now. Thanks for the help.

febigblockford
06-02-2002, 07:40 AM
So what I want to know is what happened to the burned valve hypothesis? How did your mechanic determine that the head had a burned valve? Basically it sounds like it was a stab in the dark. He didn't even do a compression check did he? What a jackass. He should go back to work on his SBC.

Glad to hear your car is working again though. Be careful with the wiring harness next time you're in there!

cpayette
06-02-2002, 09:08 AM
1. My mechanic is not a jackass and has not been for the past 12 years.

2. He did a compression check.

3. He showed me the burned valve, but was able to save it.