PDA

View Full Version : Yay Open Headers!!!!!!! Boo Pigs!!!!!

dXsquared
03-06-2003, 01:02 PM
i love the sound of open headers on our cars.. but only like after 2500 RPM... b4 that it sounds like ass....

any way.. im rippin it down tmain st... no people.. no cars... he no cops... so i give it a good shot and bring it up to 5500 RPM... if you have done this b4.. you know what it sounds like... any way... i get to the next light and im stopped and the po po's are behind me... the cop was on the radio and i knew i was busted.. i didnt even try and take off... just turned the car off and he came up to that car and asked for License and registration and proof of insurance... anyway... long story short... i got a 50 dollar ticket and 72 hours to get an exhaust system hooked up... now i have to put mah old cat on... maybe ill get a hi flo... any way... b4 he leaves.. i ask HOW THE HELL DID YOU HIDE FROM ME? he says... I WAS FOLLOWING YOU FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES!!!!!

I cant belive i didnt look behind me when i gunned it... i usually always scan mah rear view... i was busy lookin around at the buildings

Travis

SiR
03-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Just the manifold eh, is there anyway that you can make a recording by either video or just audio? I always wondered how it would sounds.

dXsquared
03-06-2003, 03:23 PM
not a maniflod.. its a header with the down pipe... i could just get a recording inside the car.. its fukin sweet.. ill ask mah friends for a recorder.. i hope i can find one b4 the pipe gets put on tommorow morning...

Travis

wprocomp
03-06-2003, 07:57 PM
I started my car up when I put my header on and had the exhaust off,it sounded horrible.

Grant2k
03-06-2003, 09:29 PM
isn't that a good way to ruin your valves?

2old_honda
03-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k
isn't that a good way to ruin your valves?

shouldnt hurt anythng

civteck
03-17-2003, 09:11 PM
it wont hurt anything but youll actually loose power from not enough back pressure. dont waste your money on a hi-flow cat just gut yours and reinstall. plus if the po po look they still se a shell so in their mind its still whole