PDA

View Full Version : going to do prelude arm conversion. Quick question?

89accordlxi
03-06-2003, 05:22 PM
I have the lude arms torn apart, cleaned up and ready to go. The How-to web site does a good job describing the process. I just need to clear something up real quick. Do the washers go on the inside or on the outside of the crome end caps? The web site really doesn't say. This is probably a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure..

peace out...

dj99
03-06-2003, 06:53 PM
I've not done the conversion personally, but I did tear my accord control arms apart for a rebuild a couple of weeks ago. I would say that the only place for the washers would be after the chrome pieces go on, because the seals are coverered just right by the chrome parts. If you put washers in there, the chrome parts would be too far off the seals and stuff would get in there.

Chrome_thangs
03-06-2003, 07:23 PM
ya definately on the outside. Do you have good balljoints on em?

Blue Impact
03-06-2003, 08:04 PM
Washers go on the outside of the chrome thingy majigs. I just did mine last weekend and now my car's lowered.

89accordlxi
03-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by dj99
I would say that the only place for the washers would be after the chrome pieces go on, because the seals are coverered just right by the chrome parts. If you put washers in there, the chrome parts would be too far off the seals and stuff would get in there.

Yeah, those were my thoughts exactly.... It just never said so on the How-to and the pictures don't really show a good shot with the washers on there. Thanks for the responces y'all.
About the ball joints. The ones that came with the arm were worn so I purchased some new ones.

Peace..

ACCORD EX
03-08-2003, 09:51 AM
check teh How to's and Faq's there is a how to there on teh conversion !

MIKE

c20v6turbo3rdgen
03-13-2003, 09:15 AM
can someone show me a before and after pic and a pic of the contorl arms and things needed?

ACCORD EX
03-13-2003, 12:23 PM
check the how to here !

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12592

MIKE