PDA

View Full Version : How to take the dash out?????

cars7945
03-06-2003, 07:06 PM
I have already painted my console black and replaced the vinyl on the doorpanels with black carpet. It looks alot better but i want to do my dash in black to. could someone tell me have to get the dash out of the car so i can paint it??????????

cars7945
03-06-2003, 07:07 PM
I mean can you tell me how to get the dash out????

accord86
03-06-2003, 09:34 PM
sorry to tell u this fli[pped air lid does do a thing

Chubs87Accord
03-07-2003, 09:04 AM
ok that post was stupid, and totally not helful at all... basically dude (Cause im doin mine too) is take off the vents.. basically just keep unscrewing screws until you get it out.. use youre best judgement (plus if the screws are really small, you usually dont have to touch em) and then you have to take of youre steering wheel.. that i cant explain how to do but i know

SiR
03-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Flipping it makes a difference, the difference that it sounds much better! He is talking about taking the dash out, not the airbox lid, oh well...LOL

I can tell you about the wheel, you need to pry out the "H" off the middle which reveals a nut that you just simply unscrew. Just remember to mark it or whatever so that you know which way the wheel is straight. Then you just slide the wheel out.

Chubs87Accord
03-08-2003, 10:19 PM
yeah.. theres screws too as far as i know, arent there? ... i never really bent behind the damn thing to look

86accord4dr
03-09-2003, 07:30 PM
yeah the screws are hardass to get to tho. you need like a 7" screwdriver (heh) but yeah do like SiR says, pop the H out on the steering wheel. it's hella easy just use a pocket knife... the kid that had my car before me painted the steering column and put the steering wheel on about an 1/8th to the right so i thought the alignment was off and got the price down $50... then i adjusted the wheel and it's straight as hell... boy was that an offtopic rant... sorry guys.

Microstreak
03-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Isn't there a faq or how to post on this. i know i saw a post by some1 a while ago that showed step by step how to take off the dash. do a search...

hondaaccord_86
03-11-2003, 01:33 PM
there is no need to completely take the steering wheel off.

all you need to do is lower it. under the wheel you'll see four bolts/nuts. loosen those and you can drop the wheel. the wheel should be able to move downward, and this should clear the way of the dash.

trust me, ive taken my dash out and painted it.