PDA

View Full Version : britten up your accord a bit

scoobie429
05-28-2002, 11:23 AM
that black faded trim around your accord man how can ya get rid of it and whats the cheapest way? well i tryed that tire and plastic renewal bullshit and that doesn't last 10 mins! the best way to do it is goto wall mart or someware like that buy a can of fast drying high glossy black spray paint and masking tape. when wash your car first, let it dry, put a layer of masking tape on the edge of where your going to paint so you don't paint your car instead of the strip make sure you do this on both sides! get news paper and tape it to the tape you put on the car and to the car it self so you don't have and ancedent paint away let it get semi dry before pulling the tape and paper back and look how much it brightens your car

Mantis88LX
05-28-2002, 01:40 PM
yea im gonna do this pretty soon, mine is all faded and shit

Jdub07
05-28-2002, 02:09 PM
Don't most things that sound to good to be true.........um to good to be true?? what I mean is....how durable it this paint? what about washing it? what about soaps we use? what about adhearing to the molding? what about flaking or chipping? just some questions I have because I would love to paint my moldings but I don't want it to look worse down the road than it does now.:D

scoobie429
05-28-2002, 06:36 PM
so far i have not seen it do this im sure maybe it will further down the road but by the time that happens i probley won't have the car it will be shot so its pretty much worth it

good question tho dude i was thinken the same thing but i figured someone hadda do it so i tryed it for shits and giggles
and it seems to be holding up and as shinny as the day i painted it

i bet alot depends on the paint too and your climate

Einstein
05-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by scoobie429
well i tryed that tire and plastic renewal bullshit and that doesn't last 10 mins!

You need to try forever black. Lasts and lasts, and you don't need to mask. I put it on wearing my Sunday best. It's a sponge on the end of the bottle... no mess!

www.foreverblack.com

killerb09
05-31-2002, 05:55 AM
do it right
get a quality primer thast a flex primer....masking tape....what ever colour paint you want

tape the moulding off and use ssome newspaper to cover teh parts you don't want painted....like the wheels(spray wil get minorly on them)

make sure you DO NOT TOUCH anythign to be painted with your bare hands I suggest latex gloves...

sand it down smooth....wash with acetone or wax and greese remover.....spray with flex primer 2-3 thin coats till the black rubber is all coverd

lightly sand down with fine paper to get it really smooth...

spray with the finish paint 2-7 coats allowing to partially dry to a tacky inbetween.....BUT DO NOT TEST WITH YOUR FINGER or it will look like ass

I've done this 2-3 times on my cars and looks awesome coloured to the car.....

good luck

total cost for me to do all the black stuff on my car???
$20 for paint
$15 for primer
$10 for sand paper adn other stuff
about 4 hours time

staticpat
05-31-2002, 12:12 PM
for 4 dollars you can get a can of bumper spray paint (even walmart has it) it doesn't look glossy, just nice. its meant to last through the elements, and looks darn good.