PDA

View Full Version : maaco paintjobs??

od2681
03-06-2003, 09:59 PM
hey i was wonderin if maaco did a good paint job....my friend got his car repainted for 550 and the paint started to chip from teh trunk and hood...plus the roof paint is uneven.....im askin this cuzz i wanted to get my car painted two tone black and white (initial d style :super: )
anyways help would be.....ah....helpful
thanks
and by the way is that how you spell maaco??

Cmac-19
03-06-2003, 10:17 PM
i was also thinking about gettin my car painted by maaco.....but from what u just said about your friend, i might have look else where....and it is maaco...they got a website if u wanna check it out...www.maaco.com.....oh and u did spell it right

Chubs87Accord
03-06-2003, 11:00 PM
haha.. try www.maaco.com if you click that lind ".....oh" comes up at the end :lol

Mike89Accordcom
03-07-2003, 01:55 AM
I won't lie I usually dis on maaco. But you get what you pay for. I've seen a few in person, some were horrible, and some were like wow, maaco painted that. But nothing in high quality. But if your looking to spend little amount of $$$$ then go to maaco.

danronian
03-07-2003, 05:39 AM
After working on my Chevelle for many years and doing over a entire summer of body work I took it to maaco. The first time they sprayed it they missted along the bottom where you cant see from the side so no arguement they repainted the entire car and the paint actually looks great. If I put the effort into color sanding and buffing it you wouldnt be able to tell it apart from a $2,000 job even though I only paid $800. The reason you hear of so many teenagers complaining about chipping paint is because they let maaco do the prep work, all the place is good for is spraying. I spent weeks sanding and priming the car and in the end I blew the crevices out for hours with compressed air and wiped it down multiple times. If you just do your prep work yourself the job will last. I know some people who have had the paint chip in a month because they relied on maaco for prep and some who's paint job lasted for a decade w/o a problem because they did the prep themselves. So I think if you dont have a large amount of money to blow on labor, put the effort in, do the prep, and buy the cheapest paint job they offer and you'll have a nice looking car.

od2681
03-07-2003, 12:05 PM
im a newbie to paint so i dont know anything about "prep work"
what would that be exactly

meohmy01
03-07-2003, 03:49 PM
i got my 94 accord lx coupe painted there and everyone who sees it says wow maaco painted that. it's the 499 job. the single stage.

dXsquared
03-07-2003, 05:19 PM
prep is like body, primer, and any other things to get it ready for paint.. like sanding down the old paint so the paint will stick well

Travis

86bluecrush
04-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I GOT MINE DONE FROM THERE TO AND IT IS A SUCKY PAINT JOB THEY DIDNT SAND IN SOME PLACES AND IT CHIPPING AWAY AND IT IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD SO I SAY GO SOMEWERE ELSE

xbi0s
04-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 86bluecrush
I GOT MINE DONE FROM THERE TO AND IT IS A SUCKY PAINT JOB THEY DIDNT SAND IN SOME PLACES AND IT CHIPPING AWAY AND IT IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD SO I SAY GO SOMEWERE ELSE

As stated above....

" The reason you hear of so many teenagers complaining about chipping paint is because they let maaco do the prep work, all the place is good for is spraying. I spent weeks sanding and priming the car and in the end I blew the crevices out for hours with compressed air and wiped it down multiple times "

86bluecrush
04-04-2003, 01:30 PM
IM NOT A TEENAGER AND I PAID FOR THEM TO SAND IT DOWN AND SPRAY IT SO IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER JOB THEN WHAT THEY DID .FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT . I STILL SAY FIND ANOTHER PLACE BESIDES MACCO

danronian
04-05-2003, 07:15 AM
My Chevelle was painted my Maaco last august and the paint looks better then when it was just painted (wax), now that it is finally spring and I can cruise it I am finally noticing how nice the car's paint actually is. The only chipping on my car is from stones hitting the bottom, but since it's below a trim piece you cannot see it at all. Someday I'll have to touch that up, but since they had to paint the car twice before I would accept it, there is little chance of chips going through both layers and rusting. But the rest of the car's paint is real nice, sure there is a little orange peel, but I expected that, but there isnt any chipping or fading or whatnot.

SteveDX89
04-05-2003, 08:14 AM
I had my Accord painted at Maaco. The paint still looks great after a year. I did pay $760 and I got a 4 year warranty. I did have some paint chip off at the bottom of my passenger door but they fixed that no charge. Don't let them do any work with rust though. I had a small spot on rear wheelwell that I had them fix a good number of months ago and it's come back. It's cool though, I plan on doing a good bit of body work to my car and having it painted again in 2 or 3 years. If you're looking for a quick turn around and cheap paint, go to Maaco. They usually run specials. Just don't expect show quality paint work. I had overspray all over the place that I had to spend a day with paint thinner and steel wool to remove and I still don't have it all done.