PDA

View Full Version : Where you guys placed your grounds?

xbi0s
03-07-2003, 05:11 AM
IM guessing all of our trunks are the same?

<-- 86 LX-i

Anyways, I saw a built in ground on the drivers side rear speaker, about 2" from it.. Safe to ground there?

danronian
03-07-2003, 05:46 AM
I grounded mine to the bumper bracket since I heard from once source that you should use the frame and I figured since it holds on a bumper it should be a pretty sturdy ground. But im not sure if this is a good place to ground to.

88 Accord DX
03-07-2003, 06:20 AM
mine is on the roof of my trunk

AccordEpicenter
03-07-2003, 01:53 PM
i used to have mine on the roof of the trunk but the metal surrounding the bolt got hot... Anyways, the best ground hands down is using one of the rear shock tower mount nuts, just put youre ring terminal there and tighten it down. As for bumper mounts, I suppose that will work too but id just be worried about corrosion and dirt affecting the connection, but yea in any event use the frame of the vehicle.

87DXHatch
03-07-2003, 10:54 PM
You can drill a hole too... that's what I did in my hatch.

In my coupe I have it attached to a bolt on the rear deck... :-/ yeah, a bad spot, but it's apparently pretty clean (after scraping off paint)... when it warms I'm gonna drill a couple holes and hook up a 0-guage dist. block for the ground. :D

danronian
03-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
the best ground hands down is using one of the rear shock tower mount nuts, just put youre ring terminal there and tighten it down.
Thanks for the idea, thats where I moved mine when I mounted the amp to the back of the seat since it woudnt reach the bumper any longer.