PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light

Janiel
03-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Why doesn't my engine light come on when i unplug the o2 sensors or my Eacv. Could it be the wiring? My computer Has two plugs on it but it has one more plug next to it. It that suppose to be pluged in? Its just next to the computer. That car was flooded out once and the computer had to be changed.

88LXi/87CRXSi
03-09-2003, 04:57 AM
Just a question.... does the check engine light come on when the key is first turned on, like when the fuel pump runs for two seconds? just wondering. Now, about the third plug.. my manual shows three, yes, 3 plugs going to the ecm, so it might be the reason the check engine light isn't working. I'm gonna guess the inner plug is out. try plugging it back in, (WITH BATTERY DISCONNECTED) and let us know if it starts working!!

-Steve

*edit* after thinking about this it's got 9 wires going to it right? This is definatly the cause of the light AND MOST OF THE OTHER DRIVABILITY PROBLEM your having!! GOOD WORK!!:super:

Blue Impact
03-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Maybe the bulb for that light is messed up?

Janiel
03-10-2003, 10:47 AM
That must be the problem. Because I turn the key the engine light comes on for 2 seconds and turns off. The funny thing is if i unplug the Tps the light will come on but when i turn the car off and turn it back on it will not come back on. I think its cuting the power off to the computer every time i turn off the car. You are correct about the plug having 9 wires. This has been my problem with my car all along. So many problems so much money.......... Well at least i won't have to spend more money on it. Thanx alot steve.:bow:

88LXi/87CRXSi
03-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Glad to help!!:smokin: FYI- the dash check engine light gets reset each time you turn the key off. Disconnecting the battery should clear any error codes stored on the ecu (blinking led). If after reconnecting the plug and driving, the dash light comes on again, :mad: check the ecu for the error code. Hope everything gets cleared up tho!

-Steve

Janiel
03-19-2003, 10:13 AM
I finally got around to removing the seat and the computer it had all 3 plugs connected. I think it has broken wires some were in the wire harness. What do you suggest?

Janiel
04-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Hey bro over spring vacation i thought about changing the computer in my car, and guess what i fixed it!!!!!! it had the wrong computer all this time.

88LXi/87CRXSi
04-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Hey that's good news!! :D Congradulations on getting the problem located and fixed! Bet u like driving your car a hell of a lot more now!!
Glad to see you passing the word about the incapatablity of the 88-89 ecu's. Experience... sheesh, what a way to get it!

-Steve

Janiel
04-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Yea it idles good now, but the engine that i put in the car was worn out. Can't really complain i got it for 100 bucks with everything! Now I'am going back to find another motor to rebuild and do a couple of things to it to improve stock performance. Thanks for your help man.