PDA

View Full Version : New owner of a 1986 Accord

ISPEED
08-22-2020, 04:30 AM
I just purchased a One Owner barn find 1986 Accord hatchback .(Carbureted) It sat for 17 years in a garage . Everything works all the lights brakes , engine turns over and will run if i pour gas in carb. But there is no sound of a fuel pump when i turn the key and no fuel getting to the carb. The tank is full of gas but the gas guage shows empty. Is the main fuel pump in the tank? Can i change it out without removing the tank? . I am putting the car up on ramps today to look for a loose or corroded ground wire or any other obvious issues that may cause the pump not to work. Is there a fuse or relay i can check as well? I searched the forum and other places online but most issues i found were with the fuel injected Accords . Other wise the car is in awesome shape. will be my sons first vehicle . he is helping me get her up and running.

Oldblueaccord
08-22-2020, 12:35 PM
https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/25137-1986-1989-accord-shop-manual-updated.html

Welcome.

Download the manual that will help.

Im pretty sure the pump is on the outside of the tank under the car. There is a related relay also for it.

You may have to pump/or drain out the gas and start with fresh gas. Carbs dont like old gas very well.