PDA

View Full Version : Hey fellow 3geez nuts! New'ish Owner 86 LXi hatch

glutenfree
08-27-2020, 08:25 PM
Heya peeps! I have been lurking here for a couple plus years now. Finally getting around to posting up a bit so I figured I should introduce myself. I bought an 86 LXi hatch about 3 years ago for my daily driver. I am a disabled veteran and don't work, so i it doesn't get a lot of miles on it annually. I might have put something like 17K since purchase but that seems a bit high. I will double check my title or bill of sale when I get some time. Oh yeah, almost forgot..the car currently has 194K miles.

I recently started a front end project due to having some serious vibrations while at 40+ mph. I did a basic tune-up when I purchased the car and have changed the oil a few times. I had a mechanic replace the clutch a couple years back and the passenger side axle was replaced at that time. Other than that, I have not done much other than drive it for errands and groceries.

Later tonight I will be posting up a build thread so I can log my work and share my adventures with the 3geez community. I also want to express my gratitude to ALL the members here and especially the mods for keeping this place going. I know myself and MANY others would be forced to drive different cars or projects would take immensely longer time to complete and for that, I say thanks again! Eventually I will purchase one of those forum membership things to help keep this place alive.

I have some great ideas for this car and will be diving head first so stay tuned!

Oldblueaccord
08-27-2020, 09:35 PM
Welcome!

Thanks for serving!

hatchback_wes
08-30-2020, 10:30 AM
Welcome! I have the same car as you as well! Same color and model, but auto :)

glutenfree
08-30-2020, 12:47 PM
Thanks Oldblueaccord, served in the Navy flying and wrenching on aircraft!

Heya hatchback_wes, do people ever mistake your car for a DeLorean? :rofl:

Dr_Snooz
09-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Welcome sir!

hatchback_wes
09-11-2020, 10:27 PM
Thanks Oldblueaccord, served in the Navy flying and wrenching on aircraft!

Heya hatchback_wes, do people ever mistake your car for a DeLorean? :rofl:

I havent been able to drive it since I'm fixing it so that it can run. But i hope to get comments like that when i do! lol