PDA

View Full Version : looking for tips on taking off my intake manifold.

meohmy01
03-08-2003, 05:38 PM
i have the repair manual but im sure all of you know more about this than the people that wrote it. i have never played with a carb car before so all of these vacum lines are a first. if you guys have any tips let me know. i got to try and find a coolant leek. stop leak is no match for this leak.

AccordEpicenter
03-08-2003, 09:49 PM
if youre taking off the manifold, you need to label all the connections and stuff and i think you need to get to a bunch of bolts for the manifold and manifold bracket from under the car

A20A1
03-09-2003, 06:55 PM
well after you drain the coolant and lable and remove the vacuum lines... then maybe you should remove the carburetor... but you might be able to get to all the intake manifold bolts without removing the carb.
The 2 inner most bolts under the intake manifold are unbolted by routing the a socket on a pivoting shaft from the top of the manifold thru the gaps in the manifold and then to the nut. you kind have to do it blindly... just guide everything with one hand above holding the socket wrench and the one below the manifold keeping track of the socket.

You also have to remove the AS pipe and EGR pipe... that is the biggest hastle... then there are 2 support bars under the manifold that also need to be unbolted.

meohmy01
03-09-2003, 07:00 PM
ok. i need to flip the manifold and look at it. should i take off the carb for thios reason. im also looking to wake my carb up a little while it's off. how can this be done? i also am not quite sure what is leaking the coolant. all i know is that it an intented area on my intake manifol that seems to have threads in it. when i stick my finger in there it stopps the flow. im describing it by feel. so don't quote me.